Senior PDS Java Developer
Senior PDS Java Developer Singapore
As a Barclays Senior PDS Java Developer, within Equities QPS (Quantitative Prime Services) Technology, you will join a team focused on building out the functionality and platform which will be integrated with the SubM Native systems for our flagship low latency hardware accelerated product offering for giving ultra-low latency to a very niche domain of very high volume and low latency sophisticated Equites trading clients, mostly Hedge funds.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Designing and development of industry-leading, ultra-low latency Equities trading systems
- Analysing those requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and creating a technical specification where needed
- Developing a pragmatic software solution as per the requirement specifications
- Working with business analysts and project managers to understand the requirements
- Providing estimates for tasks including design, development, and testing
- Supporting analysis, testing, and operations teams
- Participating in code reviews and architectural decisions
- Mentoring junior developers
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent JAVA 14+ experience, programming skills for developing low latency system
- Excellent experience of developing low-latency trading systems and writing Java code for multithreaded server applications and performance tuning techniques on Linux
- Experience of JAVA unit testing practices
- Good scripting skills using Python, Perl or similar
Where will you be working?
- Proven experience in working in the Investment Banking, working with directly with Traders and Desk Heads
- Experience of C++
- Advanced expertise in computer networks, computer architecture, and operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of Linux
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.