Senior Oracle Expert
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
Are you a self-starter? Are you known for hitting deadlines and staying on top of delivery?
We are looking for someone like this to:
• deliver technical change to Finance Technology suite of applications by guaranteeing accurate, on-time execution, adherence to quality standards, timely
• understand the project plan, dependencies and own responsibilities in this context
• ensure awareness of & adherence to industry trends and firm-wide strategies and initiatives
• Develops technical solutions (included high / low level technical designs, specification and technology evaluations) using firms' approved methodologies.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
• You'll be an Oracle expert with strong database skills to ensure the delivery of high quality and performant solutions
• You'll also be working and engaging business analysts, developers, outsource vendor and end-users at appropriate stages in the project lifecycle
Your experience and skills
• Hands on experience with Oracle 11g
• Understanding Oracle architecture
• Hands-on experience working with Exadata and ability to understand and use Exadata features
• Hands-on database technical expert - DB design, PL/SQL, packages, performance issues troubleshooting, SQL performance tuning, process design, etc.
• Organized, structured, strong attention to detail with demonstrable ability to break down complex database problems into phased deliverables
• Ability to communicate effectively with support and development teams
• Ability to work independently
• In-depth knowledge of SQL tuning techniques
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Emphasis is on database performance issues troubleshooting and SQL tuning
• Familiarity with ASH, AWR, ADDM etc.
• Ability to identify performance issue using monitoring tools, scripts
• Ability to retrieve, read and understand SQL execution plans
• Solid hands-on knowledge of SQL hints
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.