Senior Officer, KYC
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Nordea Bank AB Singapore Branch
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
Nordea Bank AB Singapore Branch is one of the 5 branches making up Nordea’s International Unit. The branch supports the Nordic business and the shipping and offshore industry in Asia.
The position we offer
Know your Customer is part of the banks Customer Due Diligence team which performs the activities for Periodic reviews, prevention of financial crime. The position is challenging and will include securing high quality in customer due diligence, evaluating complex customer cases, helping the front line(relationship managers) to understand and steer clear of financial crime risk.
Business areas include:
- Ship financing
- Corporate and institutional banking
- Trade finance
- Cash management
- Capital markets
The key areas are:
- New account opening
- Periodic, trigger and remediation activities
- Batch alert screening and monitoring of customers
The role is to:
- Perform as Checker for the cases completed by team members, and where necessary escalate to Department head. Also Act as the point of escalation for high AML risk cases.
- Ensure standardization and consistency of screening amongst team members.
- Conduct checks on the quality of CDD and screening performed by KYC case maker, and IBG KYC screener respectively
- Interpret and implement group CDD policies and ensure consistency across various business units.
- Conduct trainings for BU teams where necessary.
- Develop and carry out monitoring and testing processes on the CDD frameworks.
- Identify gaps in CDD policies and processes and share findings with stakeholders.
- Proactively speak to Front line(relationship managers) and advise for documentation and other information where required. If required also speak to Customers and hand hold them through the KYC process.
The qualifications you need
You have 3 to 5 years of AML/KYC experience dealing with corporate customers.
We also expect you to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong risk and control mindset
- People-oriented with interpersonal skills, to manage the diversity of the team members and to showcase team player capabilities.
- Meticulous in picking up errors in case screenings.
- Able to multi-task and have positive attitude to motivate the team members towards meeting the targets set.
- Comprehensive understanding of Singapore AML and Sanctions regimes, Singapore regulatory environment, AML and CTF risks
- Practical understanding of implementing policies, practices and processes
- Able to build strong and professional rapport with key business, regulatory and Compliance/AML stakeholders
- Sound judgment and the ability to prioritize key deliverables
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and communication skills
Interested applicants, please APPLY below as soon as possible.