Senior Officer, Assessment & Monitoring, Compliance Promotion Dept
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Mizuho Bank
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Compliance Promotion Department No. 2, Asia & Oceania Office - Assessment & Monitoring Team
Mizuho Bank, Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and NYSE) and is one of the largest financial services companies in the world. Mizuho Bank, Ltd. provides financial and strategic solutions for the increasingly diverse and sophisticated needs of its clients with offices located in all the major cities of the world such as Tokyo, New York, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Overview of Division/Department
Our Regional Compliance Department located in Singapore, is responsible for monitoring the offices in the Asia-Oceania region to ensure their compliance with regulations of Head Office and local authorities. This department consists of two sections, namely Regional AML Section and Assessment & Monitoring Section.
Your key roles & responsibilities include:
- Assisting in risk assessment of overseas offices' compliance system in Asia-Oceania region
- Understanding of local compliance laws and Head Office's regulations to accurately identify and analyse any gaps between these two bodies
- Providing support in conceptualisation and implementation of strategies to bridge said gaps
- Partnering with local office to enhance effectiveness of compliance policies
- Playing a substantial part in completion of complex compliance-related tasks, which could involve multiple channels of communication across different countries
- Supporting the Regional Assessment Committee in its consideration of the best allocation of resources on Compliance Monitoring Supporting offices in the region on compliance issues that require coordination with Head Office and/or between offices in the region
What you should have:
- A Bachelor Degree
- At least 5 year of work experience preferred, particularly within the banking industry or field of compliance
- Basic-level proficiency in Japanese will be an advantage, as the incumbent is expected to engage in simple communication with colleagues in Head Office
- Travelling will be required on a need basis
Join Mizuho Bank, Ltd., in Singapore, and be part of our expanding team, passionate to build the future together. "One MIZUHO: Building the future with you"