Senior Officer/Officer, Cards Authoriser, Group Legal, Compliance and Secretariat - Compliance
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Job Purpose
To deliver quality authorisation decisions based on sound judgement, by adopting a systematic and consistent approach in line with policy guidelines and to provide quality fraud monitoring and oversight in order to minimise fraud losses. Work Relationship
Display team spirit and inculcate corporate values to work and co-operate in a harmonious manner with superiors, subordinates, peers and internal customers towards the achievement of team and business expectations. Establish good rapport with service partners/stakeholders. Key Accountabilities
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of quality services to customers, merchants and other acquiring banks through prompt processing and quality decisions of authorisation requests in line with the Bank's credit policies and operation procedures
- Achieve and adhere to specified performance standards and procedures as specified in the Operation Procedures Manual, or by management, at all times
- Attend to fraud alerts towards the timely mitigation of fraud losses by confirming the authenticity of alerted transactions, follow-up with merchants upon notifications of unauthorised usage or account compromise and prompt communication to management of unusual fraud behaviour / trends arising from the fraud detection review.
- Process and approve authorisation requests and referrals from Merchants and other Banks.
- Handle enquiries and complaints from Merchants and Cardholders; undertake investigative and follow-up action to ensure that complaints are properly resolved.
- Educate Merchants on the correct card acceptance and authorisation procedures.
- Attend to and process Lost/Stolen Card reports from Branches.
- Carry out fraud monitoring and take pro-active follow-up actions to mitigate fraud losses via the following
- Attend to fraud alerts on a timely basis within acceptable turnaround time
- Conduct a review of cardholder transactions
- Contact cardholders to verify transaction
- Ensure submission of pertinent information / reports on confirmed fraud transactions.
- Monitor personal and team performance and identify ways to improve team performance and service standards.
- Actively review and streamline operation processes
- Pro-actively display teamwork and co-operation with each other in a harmonious manner to achieve excellent service quality and standards
- Check & maintain necessary MIS data, reports, files, records or movements;
- Provide necessary administrative support in the processing of authorisation- related tasks.
- Proficient in English with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to perform 24X7 shift duties
- GCE 'O' or 'A' Level or Diploma holder
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.