This role drives the collaboration between Trading and Shipping (T&S) and bp’s business groups. One of the key deliverables in this role is to create commercial value together with bp’s business segments through the trading activity. This is a business development role, to identify and develop commercial opportunities together with the rest of our business groups, for example, Customer & Products or Gas & Low Carbon, with the primary objective of creating value that the trading business can participate in. The business development activity may include asset and commercial optimization, strategy formulation, external engagements with customers and governments and internal alignment with stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, the candidate needs to be a self-starter and entrepreneurial to create a commercial agenda that can add value to trading. The candidate should have a strong commercial acumen, good negotiation skills, enjoy collaboration and teamwork and possess commercial skills such as project financials.
Familiarity with commodities and energy trading and an understanding of how commercial value can be created through energy trading would be required.
The role will identify and source for commercial opportunities in areas where there is an integration opportunity between T&S and other bp segments’ business. This includes business development of the opportunity, alignment of stakeholders and articulating the value that T&S can bring as an integrator.
As the primary interface between T&S in the region and the segments, this role also manages cross segment projects and processes, with the objective of integrating and optimizing activities.
This role will work directly with key decision makers and convene governance board meetings that include VP / EVP leadership, CFOs, and growth leads of for each respective business.
This role will grow to capture integrated and monetary value, supporting the assets to better utilize output and optimization. This role will perform this through the variable operations and growth teams and set the foundations (e.g. capabilities and asset accesses) needed for continued delivery and growth in new geographies and commodities.
· Delivery of commercial projects and quantifiable commercial value.
· Delivery of strategies to partner with bp’s business segments that result in integration and optimization value.
· Accountable for interface processes and cross segment projects.
· Line management of Commercial Advisor in the teams.
· Proven origination and deal delivery track record in oil and petrochemicals trading.
· Understanding of key Asian supply/demand centers trade flows and pricing structures.
· Strong entrepreneurial bias – ability and enthusiasm to identify and develop new business and deals independently (with support of wider team capability as required).
· Proven track record of developing and maintaining external relationships in core Asian markets, strong network of business contacts in existing field/market.
· Strong commercial acumen and negotiation/contracting skills.
· Good understanding of end to end oil, biofuels, or petrochemicals supply chains including supply sources, end demand uses, logistics, and commercial structures.
· Deep knowledge of financial deal structuring and deal risk management.
· Solid networking, leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment.
· Experience in ventures, partnerships and acquisitions / divestment and PE space.
· Project management skills to manage complex multiparty deals / opportunities.