Senior Manager, Policy & Audit Lead, SCM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Policy and Audit Lead
Overall participation in SCM
- Ensure that in-scope Policies and Standards are maintained and embedded in accordance with the ORTF and ERMF. This applies centrally and in countries as well
- Ensure that in-scope Policies and Standards and in accordance with the Regulatory requirements and that the gap analysis is refreshed regularly
- Work closely with the Process and Risk teams to ensure that policy related controls are embedded in the processes and are being assured through the ORTF framework.
- Ensure that Policy compliance monitoring and effectiveness reviews are in place
- Ensure that the Policy related authorities are set out clearly and embedded both centrally and in countries
- Ensure that inter-connected policies are identified, cross referenced and socialised with the respective policy owners. Similarly, be the contact person for other policy reviews
- Ensure that learnings from audit and assurance reviews are factored in the policy and standards as needed.
- Ensure that dispensations if any are duely approved, recorded as per the ERMF guidelines
- Act as the audit relationship lead. This means to lead all central audits and support country audits as needed
- Lead / support stress test analysis as needed / updates to Regulators as needed
- Lead / support Regulatory consultation papers as needed
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Provide feedback loop into Process and Risk teams for improvements / changes if any needed
- Support other initiatives within SCM (example RCSA) or SCM's representative in other Projects in the Bank as relevant
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Work collaboratively with all impacted Businesses and Functions, relevant Risk Groups and with other stakeholders within SCM
- Bachelor/Master Degree with 10+ years' experience with at least last 2 years in an policy or risk role.
- Risk experience, including knowledge of SCB' governance framework including ERMF and ORTF framework
- Superior communication, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Ability to understand and present data
- Excellent people management and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence
- High degree of personal initiative
- Organizational awareness with an understanding of how to engage the organization to get things done
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable tackling complex problems and breaking these down into manageable pieces
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, often deadline-oriented and dynamic environment
- Conceptual and practical thinking and implementation skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills, intermediate Excel skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.