Senior Manager, Platform
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job purpose
The Role Responsibilities SUSTAINIBILITY SUMMIT
- Marketing executive at the Bank with strong sustainability background
- Senior support to the Head of Platforms
- Strategic thinker with ability to build integrated marketing campaigns with a sustainability focus from the ground up
- Content expert on the broader topic of sustainability and the Bank's sustainability strategy
- Responsible for building and spearheading the Bank's marquee platforms such as Sustainability Summit, World Economic Forum (WEF), Campaign Oversight Team (COT) campaigns driving results against the business, brand and employee/ community objectives.
- Major support role on developing regional and global strategies for the Bank's yearlong partnership with the World Economic Forum
- Key driver in embedding the Bank's sustainability agenda into Liverpool Football Club (LFC), Golf and Marathons platforms
- Play a key role on 'Team LFC' and co-lead the sustainability stream
Build and spearhead the Bank's new Sustainability Summit from end to end including:
WEF / DAVOS
- Establishing and overseeing steering committee and project management teams including defining set roles and responsibilities
- Manage key stakeholders both internally and externally ensuring the relevant people are involved in the summit strategy development from the outset
- Identify the key sustainability objectives across business, brand and employee touchpoints and develop marketing strategies against those objectives
- Create tactical campaigns from the ground up across all touchpoints in the activation wheel including brand, PR, Media, Digital and Social Media, Internal and External Comms, client engagement etc.
- Drive the overarching sustainability content theme and build out summit agenda in line with theme
- Establish strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, i.e. CEO office, GPRA, CCIB
- Ensure summit agenda serves all target audience stakeholder groups in the activation wheel
- Act as internal advisor on all summit related matters, advising stakeholders on how to best leverage platform
- Embed the Bank's sustainability agenda into all elements of the summit
- Define what success looks like by establishing KPIs and measurement tools
- Manage agency resources, summit budget and event management elements of the summit
Lead the Bank's Davos campaign including:
CAMPAIGN OVERSIGHT TEAM (COT)
- Chair steering committee meetings and manage project team, defining set roles and responsibilities
- Manage stakeholders, identifying the key sustainability objectives across business, brand and employee touchpoints
- Develop 360-degree marketing plan including comms and branding, client engagement, PR, digital and social, internal and external comms etc.
- Understand and ensure the Bank's sustainability agenda is embedded in every aspect of the activation plan
- Act as internal advisor on all Davos related matters, advising stakeholders on how to best leverage platform
- Establish Davos campaign objectives and KPIs that drive value to the Bank and strengthen our sustainability positioning
- Manage agency resources, ensuring they are delivering against their objectives for WEF activation
- Support platform team on developing strategies that maximise the Bank's partnership with the WEF
LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB (LFC)
- Provide support to the COT team and work with key stakeholders on building out annual campaigns that align to the Bank's sustainability agenda and serve the various target audiences
- Support the Sponsorship team on developing sustainability strategies and executing campaigns for the Bank's partnership with LFC
- Spearhead discussions with LFC partners (i.e. Nike, Quorn) on how to best work together for mutual benefit on driving each company's sustainability agenda
- Provide general support across the LFC activation model where needed
- Support the Sponsorship team on developing sustainability strategies and executing campaigns for the bank's marathon platform
- Spearhead discussions with marathon partners and stakeholders on how to best work together for mutual benefit on driving aligned sustainability agendas
- Provide general support across the marathon activation plan where needed
- Support the Sponsorship team on developing sustainability strategies and executing campaigns for the Bank's golf platform (tbc)
- Spearhead discussions with golf partners and stakeholders on how to best work together for mutual benefit on driving aligned sustainability agendas
- Provide general support across the golf activation plan where needed
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Establish a good network amongst sustainability professionals in the industry, with a view to staying abreast of best practices
- Play an integral role in developing and implementing existing and new sustainability thought leadership platforms across the bank
Key Relationships Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group CABM Team (particularity Group Sustainability Team)
- Regional, Country CABM Heads
- Group CBPP Marketing
- Group CCIB Marketing
Our Ideal Candidate Functional
- Sustainability Industry contacts - UN, Govt bodies, NGOs, agencies, rights holders etc.
- WEF key stakeholders
- Key media outlets
- LFC and Marathon stakeholders
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in sustainability projects.
- Strategic thinker that can build out the firm's platforms to align with the Bank's sustainability objectives.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and should thrive in high expectation scenario with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately and reach productive decisions.
- Efficient and confident communicator with very strong relationship building skills.
- Strong collaboration, consensus building, problem resolution and communication skills are a prerequisite.
- Relationship building & influencing - able to build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.