- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Manager, Performance Management, Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Manager, Performance Management, Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB)About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The CIB Performance Management team partners with the different stakeholders (principally the CFO CIB & Client businesses, CIB MT, key Product partners, regional teams across the network and the Group team in London) to provide insight, analysis and strategic decision support regarding the performance of the Segment. The team seeks to influence and help drive the performance of the Segment across a range of subjects (RoE, RWA management, network revenue, scorecards, etc.). This is a visible role within the CIB Performance Management team, responsible for delivering a wide range of performance analysis of the Segment, progress against plans, highlighting risks and opportunities, and improving processes and effectiveness of the function.
This role will require strong self starting and hands-on skills, innovation and willingness to work with limited direct supervision. There is an expectation that the selected individual will have the potential to raise the bar on performance by setting high quality standard in supporting demanding senior stakeholders. There will be a significant amount of interaction with the business and various teams across the bank in a fast paced environment. Specifically this will be with a range of senior Finance management stakeholders, CIBMT, and stakeholders across the different Product and Segment teams, and finance teams across the network.
The successful candidate will develop a strong understanding of Segment's performance, key dynamics, drivers and trends impacting the business, as well as the chance to influence strategic decision making. The role suits an individual with strong analytical, problem solving & change management skills with experience of driving change within large multinational companies.
- Owning the delivery of core performance management processes including the monthly P&L estimates, updates on performance to the CIB CFO, CIBMT, and key stakeholders in London.
- Building an insight and analytics capability to support key decision made.
- Partnering with business CFOs teams and teams in the regions, to drive insight into the performance.
- Coordinating the CIB budget, longer term strategic planning and forecasting processes with the Product, Regional and Segment teams.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of key strategic business plans (e.g. RWA, cost savings initiatives) for the Segment.
- Prepare and coordinate into presentations for Board, investor communications, and external presentations where CIB is mentioned.
- To act as a central Group Performance Management point of contact for Group, regional and country Finance teams, and the CIB business.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree qualified with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Relevant accounting qualification (such as CIMA / ACCA)
- Experience of dealing directly with senior management within a large multinational organisation
- Proven ability to drive change
- Strong team working and networking capability, success of role is reliant on ability to work with many different teams effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, clear, concise and at appropriate levels of details to tailor to different audiences and purposes
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, multi task and respond in short timeframes
- High level of numeracy and detailed oriented
- Ability to work within a "matrixed" environment
- Ability to demonstrate the Bank's values in achieving objectives
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.