Senior Manager, Operational Risk, SCM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Overall participation in SCM
- Ensure that Operational Risk in S2P processes is mitigated through the application of an effective system of controls in accordance with the ORTF and ERMF. This applies centrally to S2P processes and where needed in countries as well
- Ensure that there is a top-down, complete and consistent approach to risks and controls through the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process. Where needed work with Other Businesses and Functions to deploy controls in their Processes
- Ensure that Residual risks are regularly reviewed and treatment plans if any needed are approved in time and completed as per stated timelines
- Ensure that Risk appetite and scenarios are forward looking and should be used strategically to help planning and business management. Ensure that these are embedded in SCM including as needed in countries / businesses / functions
- Ensure regular MI is available and shared with all countries and Businesses and Functions and Risk Groups for their respective control gaps / exceptions etc
- When an operational risk event occurs, there needs to be rapid escalation and root-cause reviews, tracked to completion.
- Ensure timely updated to BENFRC and other Risk committees / Senior stakeholders including risks, issues and dependencies is any seen
- Ensure that delegation of authorities for ORTF are clearly understood, documented and communicated for S2includes countries / regions
- Lead / support stress test analysis as needed / updates to Regulators as needed
- Lead / support audit and assurance reviews
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Provide feedback loop into Process, Policy and Risk teams for improvements / changes if any needed
- Support other initiatives within SCM or SCM's representative in other Projects in the Bank as relevant
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Work collaboratively with all impacted Businesses and Functions, relevant Risk Groups and with other stakeholders within SCM
- Bachelor/Master Degree with 10+ years' experience with at least last 2 years in an operational risk type role.
- Risk experience, including knowledge of SCB' governance framework including ERMF and ORTF framework
- Superior communication, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Ability to understand and present data
- Excellent people management and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence
- High degree of personal initiative
- Organizational awareness with an understanding of how to engage the organization to get things done
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable tackling complex problems and breaking these down into manageable pieces
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, often deadline-oriented and dynamic environment
- Conceptual and practical thinking and implementation skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills, intermediate Excel skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.