Senior Manager, Data Insights
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
We are seeking a Data Insights candidate to join the Consumer Digital COE (Centre of Excellence) team. We are a core business partner of Singtel's Consumer Group, collaborating with business and technology teams to create compelling consumer offerings as well as delightful digital journeys, with a focus on digital channels (i.e. Singtel.com, eShop, GOMO, Identity Management, etc.).
In this role, the Manager/Senior Manager serves as the key point of contact to fulfil data insights demands from Digital squads. We are looking for someone who demonstrates proficient data query skills, with an ability to leverage on analytics & diagnostic tools to develop actionable insights and effective recommendations. It is also ideal if the candidate possesses good communication and project management skills, with strong business acumen (understand the business strategy, goals, and initiatives). Main Responsibilities:
• Analyse large data sets from traditional and digital sources in order to develop key insights for the business
• Collaborate with stakeholders across varying functions (e.g. product owners, UX designers, marketing specialists) to address business pain points and identify opportunities via a data-driven approach
• Drive the hypothesis-driven culture within the organisation, assisting business with hypotheses formulation and validation via experimentation, testing or research
• Partner technical delivery squads and data architects to manage overall data lifecycle - ensure data is collected (embed attributes/fields/tags into digital properties) and ingested in the overall data ecosystem
• Define, create, monitor, and improve key performance indicators (KPIs) to support decision making and overall strategy to achieve Singtel Consumer's outcomes and roadmap
• Ensure compliance to data governance as well as data integrity
• Coach and mentor team members to enhance overall Chapter's expertise and competencies
• Work with the business to create self-help dashboards for recurring metrics and conduct training and support Requirements:
• Degree with emphasis on statistical and analytical skills (e.g. Business Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Accounting)
• At least 5 years work experience in Data Analysis or Digitalisation
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and business acumen
• Ability to collect and organize data, analyse and formulate insights
• Ability to tell compelling, data-driven stories or insights based on large, complex data sets
• Ability to create polished data driven presentations for executive and board-level consumption
• Proficiency in SQL or other programming languages (e.g. Python, R) for data gathering, data cleansing and statistical analysis
• Expertise in data visualisation software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI) for effective data presentation
• Experience using digital analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Adobe Analytics) is preferred
• Experience with digital teams or domains is preferred
• Ecommerce experience is a plus
• Excellent communication and collaborative skills to clearly convey data findings
• Passion for coaching others in data analysis
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.