- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Manager, Credit Product Control
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Manager, Credit Product ControlAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
1. Providing supervisory oversight of the:
o daily Profit & Loss reporting and all associated analytical review and commentary analysis
o month end reconciliations between the various TP systems and the ledger.
2. Drive the identification and implementation of key initiatives, such as
o system/ workflow enhancements
o the implementation of changes in accounting regulations
o the centralization of processes within Product Control.
3. Develop a strong internal network by:
o proactively engaging all key stakeholders
o representing the team and department at various working groups / committee's
o reaching out to other business areas / regions to ensure best practice is implemented.
4. Successfully building and leading the PC team which will include
o both on the job training and organized classroom sessions
o challenging the teams working practices and assumptions
o encouragement of the teams to challenge the status quo.
5. Provide proactive support to their line manager by
o providing a well controlled and transparent governance structure
o proactively aligning the teams goals with the demands of the department
o challenging requests received from all key stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate
1. Educated to degree level - preferably with a Finance / Business background
2. Qualified accountant with at least 10 yrs post qualifying experience.
1. Strong working knowledge of Credit Products, e.g. Loans, Credit Derivatives, Bonds, Repo, ABS etc.
2. Strong understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards
3. Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the global regulatory challenges currently facing the financial markets
4. Ability to demonstrate a strong control mindset
5. Proficient in MS Office Tools such as Excel and Access preferably.
1. Excellent interpersonal skills
2. Ability to communicate at all levels both written (report and guideline writing) and verbally
3. Proactive lateral thinker with ability to use own initiative.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.