Assist the Head of Compliance and AVP, Compliance in managing the Branch’s compliance program and carrying out compliance monitoring and reviews to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including Banking Act, Securities & Futures Act and all other MAS Notices and Guidelines.
- Review KYC/CDD documents for the onboarding of new customers and periodic review of existing customers;
- Review transactions flagged as alerts in the SAM ACTIMIZE System within the stipulated timelines;
- Assist in Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") advisory support, review name screening hits escalated from BU/SU, and handle ad-hoc AML issues (suspicious transactions investigation), etc.
- Perform compliance testing, including KYC review, name screening, trade based money laundering controls, quarterly review of CRS/FATCA, etc.
- Coordinate internal and external audit requests;
- Follow up on compliance and AML-related audit findings, and relevant rectification efforts;
- Assist in system upgrade projects, during User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Enforce the General Compliance Manual of the Branch and provide necessary advisory and assistance to staff.
- Provide both AML and general compliance trainings to employees.
- Act as backup for Assistant Vice President, Compliance and perform relief duties during his absence.
- Assist with ad-hoc general compliance related assignments allocated by Head of Compliance.
- Protect the Branch from any financial crime (AML/CFT/Sanctions) activities, legal and regulatory compliance breaches, and internal compliance policy breaches through the discharge of the responsibilities and accountabilities
- Degree holder in Law, Accounting or related discipline.
- 6 years of audit or compliance in banks in Singapore and/or regulatory bodies. Experience and knowledge in Wholesale banking products is preferred.
- Professional Compliance qualifications are preferred, such as ICA, ACAMS, etc.