Senior Manager, Balance Sheet Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Responsibilities for the role would rotate among the deliverables within the Balance sheet management team, with key items listed below.
- Work closely with business/treasury markets to explain movements and drivers across key BSM metrics (e.g. RWA, CAR, LCR, NSFR) to drive strategic balance sheet direction.
- Support stress testing processes to ensure capital levels remain healthy and robust through economic cycles.
- Work with Technology to implement appropriate solutions to ensure that computation and reporting of Capital and Liquidity metrics from the respective systems remains accurate.
- Assess impact of critical Capital & liquidity Ratios, Floors and calibration of entity Risk Appetite
- Review the Capital & Liquidity computation engines and results to ensure that these metrics are reported accurately in accordance to the regulations for the franchise
- Provide regulatory interpretations to ensure that the Bank's Capital and liquidity reporting is compliant with the regulations
- Support the development and enhancement of regional recovery and resolution capabilities to meet local and Group regulatory requirements.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure adherence to all internal policies and external regulations and establish a robust governance process.
- Continually enhance the control environment to maintain robust processes around reconciliation, data quality and adjustments ensuring complete and accurate reporting across BSM processes.
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Risk - in connection with matters relating to model implementation, stress testing and MIS
- Treasury Markets - In connection with matters relating to Bank Liquidity
- Sr. Mgr / Managers Finance, BSM & Regional Finance - in connection with all Capital and liquidity matters.
- Sr. Mgr / Managers, ITO and FOT - in connection with system maintenance/change and project implementation.
- Capital COE/GFS - Establishing the reconciliation, RW and liquidity adjustments and overall reporting process.
- Compliance - For any regulatory matters
- Group Treasury Teams - For policy and methodology alignment with the rest of the Group
- Statutory auditors - to ensure that audits are finalized smoothly
- Ratings agency - S&P, Fitch
- Vendors building solutions. Eg, Moody's Analytics and Tableau
Our Ideal Candidate
- Part of the wider ASA BSM team working on strategic projects around Capital and Liquidity reporting, management and optimization, stress testing and recovery and resolution, including contributions towards successfully managing the ALCO.
- Assist with analysis and impact of different regulatory regimes and regulation changes on the capital and liquidity reporting and provide insights on implications for the franchise
- Assist with regulatory deliverables around capital and liquidity reporting where required.
- Overall success of strategic projects or enhancements
- Facilitate engagement with the external Ratings agencies
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- Bachelors Degree in the Banking/Financial Services sector with strong experience in balance sheet management.
- Should possess basic knowledge of Financial markets products offered.
- Should have knowledge on Capital and RWA. Additional knowledge of LCR and NSFR would be an advantage.
- Should be conversant with MI tools and generating insights from large amounts of data
- Should be a resilient, self starter with well developed communication & inter-personal skills
- 8 + years of experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.