Senior Manager - Data Lake
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Head, FSTS Data Lake Engagement is responsible for collaborating with T&I CIO domains and Business stakeholders to assess T&I priorities in Big Data projects and help Pipeline Management. The individual is expected to work closely with other CIO teams and within Data Platforms like Architect, Engineering, Delivery and SRE teams to conceptualize the overall roadmap, current book of work and assist in prioritizing the deliveries. The other key aspect of the role is to expand the Data Consumption foot print and improve the client engagement process.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ability to articulate the value in the portfolio of services offered by the Data Lake for a specific domain(CCIB, Retail)
- Full understanding, in financial terms, the value of IT services, asset and the cost of provisioning services to business at a defined quality standard.
- Create a pipeline and manage supply and demand to set right client expectation.
- Work with Domain CIO stakeholders in partnership with other Engineering teams to understand emerging demand, communicate the demand pipeline and prioritize requests for delivery.
- Take responsibility by partnering with respective teams for successful end-to-end delivery of infrastructure / applications / services requirements across the portfolio.
- Ensure Service metrics are closely monitored and help improve the stability and quality of services provided.
- Partner with relevant teams to design integrated, end to end solutions (consistent with target architecture) that enable the organisation to operate efficiently
- Focus on Continuous Service Improvement and help drive efficiency to Business stakeholders.
- Flexibility to work within a rapidly evolving environment
- Security Risk awareness and stamina for approval processes
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and skills
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
- As required, act as risk control owner under the Group's risk management framework at appropriate level.
- Balance business performance delivery and technology cost management constraints with risk and control matters to ensure they do not materially threaten the Group's ability to remain within risk appetite.
- Ensure focus and effective support of internal and external audit activities.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in Data Engagement team to ensure adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Ensure compliance with all salient SCB governance frameworks where there are direct touchpoints with them or any subsequent downstream influence from team's aspect.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
Our Ideal Candidate
- FSTS DATA Management team
- FSTS Management Team
- T&I CIOs and Management Team
- Overall experience of 10-12 years in Information Technology preferably in Financial sector and Data Management.
- Strong knowledge of Data and Data Base solutions for specific segments of the bank.
- Strong Analytical, problem solving, motivational and interpersonal skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .