- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role will report to the CFO of Technology and Innovation (T+I) with specific responsibility for partnering with the Retail, Private and Wealth CIO team. The role is global in nature and based out of Singapore.
• Provide routine MI for various stakeholders on performance vs budgets and business efficiency targets.
• Seek ways of improving communication on financial performance with key stakeholders. Encourage adoption of tools such as Tableau and help shape future Tableau reporting solutions.
• Spend considerable time partnering with the T+I teams to bridge the understanding between activity and cost and what they can do to influence the cost base.
• Produce ad hoc analytics and insight on the global cost base to drive transparency and help drive the productivity agenda.
• Drive internal process improvements for the T+I Finance team.
• Take the lead in managing the extended team deliverables from Global Financial Services (GFS).
• Managing end-to-end the budgets, forecasts, flash, business efficiencies tracking and headcount controls for the T+I team, including the recharges to businesses and countries
• Help embed new capabilities and systems such as the utilisation of HPCM for service recharges to the business.
• Actively contribute to the wider Finance change agenda.
• Liaising with auditors, and colleagues in other finance sections
Our Ideal Candidate
• Qualified accountant with 5+ years PQE with IT / Technology business experience preferred.
• Familiarity with matrix and project reporting would be beneficial.
• Analytical skills in Excel / Tableau and Powerpoint
• Constructively challenge where appropriate to ensure the overall goals of the business and the bank are needs to be aligned.
• Not afraid to ask the awkward questions to ensure the right behaviours.
• Always act in the best interests of the bank and its customers with the highest integrity at all times.
• Become a trusted business advisory and key point of contact for the CIO's for all T+I Finance matters.
• Act as a key source of reference and guidance to help steer and manage issues that occur
• Manage and influence teams to achieve their objectives and the overall strategic direction of the bank.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.