Senior MS SQL Server Administrator, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 20 Feb 18
Senior MS SQL Server Administrator, GTOJob Objectives
We are looking for a candidate who has deep knowledge of database technology and strong experience in providing SME support for mission critical IT operation. The role will be providing insight and expertise to bank's Microsoft SQL Server platform architecture and roadmap, solving complex problem requires DBA expertise, as well as providing level 3 SME support for incident, problem and change management of IT operation.
- Establish and maintenance bank's standard Microsoft SQL Server platform architecture and roadmap
- Solve complex IT problems requires DBA expertise to enable functionality, performance, security, availability required by bank's IT systems.
- Resolve Microsoft SQL Server related IT incident escalations.
- Lead solution, implementation and optimization of managing patching, security vulnerabilities, and audit exercise for Microsoft SQL Server platform
- Provide DB performance tuning advice and solution
- Continuously identify and implement service improvement initiatives.
- 10+ years of relevant DBA experience.
- Experienced and Effective in leading and coaching junior DBAs
- Experienced and Effective managing mission critical, high impact IT incident
- Experience in supporting large enterprise IT infrastructure, experience in support banking systems is a plus
- Ability to articulate and present complex IT problem and solution proposal to senior management
- Ability to perform under high pressure and tight timeline
- Good skills and knowledge in Oracle Database technology
- Experience and Knowledge in Powershell or other scripting language is a plus
- Experience and Knowledge in Server Virtualization is a plus