Senior Java Tech Lead
INETUM is an international IT services company, currently employing about 27,000 people Worldwide.
INETUM provides its clients with innovative, long-lasting industrial solutions to leverage performance from their information systems. We design and runs industrial platforms tailored to the economic and human considerations of its clients.
- Management Consulting | Digital Transformation | Innovation
- Operating over 26 countries,
- 2019 revenue of over 2.3 Billion Euros,
- 50 years of existence.
In order to support our forthcoming businesses and technological challenges, we seek innovative and agile people sharing our mind set.
We are now looking for a Senior Java Tech Lead to join our team in Singapore.
Majority of the Compliance Division’s applications are vendor based. The underlying technologies used are IBM IHS, IBM WAS, Unix Scripting, Oracle Database, Linux OS, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS, Powershell Scripting, Windows OS, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Java 8+
We are looking for a suitable candidate to spear head the team to design & develop a modular, reusable data exchange platform/layer (Java Stack – e.g. REST API, Kafka) that hosts/consumes/orchestrates APIs from various upstream and downstream systems in a cloud platform, all in accordance to the organization’s REST API standards (test driven design, versioning, obsolescence, security) and to facilitate the smooth migration to the target Cloud platform.
This is a very important position as the candidate will be the key contact for all initiative in Compliance Division that touches the Data Exchange Layer and Cloud topics.
The person will be the Division main Java Tech Lead. He will also play a key role in providing mentorship and guidance to the Dev Chapter members in Chennai/Singapore on Java & Cloud related standard, practices that the organization is providing, while working hands-on on projects implementation.
- Lead a team efficiently to drive the project to completion.
- Participate to the full development lifecycle including design, estimation, planning, development, unit test, release and implementation support.
- Work with the Business Analyst and Solution architects to understand the business requirements and translate them to technical solutions in the application.
- Contribute / review the technical specifications.
- Responsible for managing & reporting technical risks.
- Control and Maintain the quality of the developments (norms & standards, frameworks, source control, technical reviews, code reviews)
- Provide guidance to team members.
- Participate to recruitment, onboard and train newcomers.
Skills & Experiences
Technical and Soft
- Hands-on experience with various Java / Web technologies and frameworks: Spring (Core, Security, MVC), Spring Boot, ORM (JPA, Hibernate), REST API, JMS,
- Hands-on experience with Oracle PL/SQL and/or Microsoft TSQL.
- Hands-on experience as Tech Leader, coaching team members and leading the building and delivery of Web / API solutions.
- Hands-on experience on API related activities: requirement analysis, design, resource-based API modeling, micro-services architecture.
- Hands-on experience on User Interface development. Either Angular 5.x or React.
- Mentor a team and work with groups effectively.
- Strong knowledge about design patterns and development principles.
- Good practical knowledge of design of RDBMS and SQL.
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of automated testing (TDD, BDD).
- Experience on Container Technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience on CI/CD (BitBucket, Jenkins, Nexus, Serena)
- Experience on Authentication & Authorization services using industry standard protocols like SAML, OAuth 2.0
- Proven/previous experience with DevOps and Agile.
- General banking knowledge or Banking knowledge related to Wealth Management / Private banking.
- Java / Web Technologies and Frameworks
- Spring (Core, Security and MVC)
- Java 8+, Spring and Spring Boot
- SQL and ORM (JPA, Hibernate)
- REST API, Kafka
- SQL / PL/SQL / T-SQL
- Docker, Kubernetes
- At least 10 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Speaking at conferences and/or user groups
- Contributing to open source projects
- Exposure to Enterprise Architecture
- Exposure to Kafka, ElasticSearch