Senior Java Software Engineer and SRE - Associate
This is a Software Engineering Associate position within the Global Payments Strategy, Corporate and Investment Bank, Banking organization. The candidate will be responsible for supporting and maintaining existing codes while developing enhancements and improvements to it while staying true to SRE principles. The candidate will be expected to provide L3 support (recovery, mitigation, and root cause analysis) with an on call rota and implement fixes, and work on enhancements and maintenance projects. The candidate will be part of a vibrant global team where the candidate will be exposed to a full breath of products supported by the Global Payments Strategy as well as full SDLC from application development to release and support. This position provides exceptional learning opportunity and exposure.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Candidate should possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Java enterprise application development, preferably delivering high-performance, mission critical applications
- Minimum 7 years of experience in relational database design; database performance tuning experience will be a strong advantage
- Experience in working with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, and mongo-db
Knowledge in developing microservices and RESTful APIs using Java Spring framework.
- Working experience with messaging and pub-sub platforms such as MQ and Kafka
- Good understanding of payments data models; familiarity with the ISO20022 standard is an advantage
- Familiar with UNIX operating system and scripting
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work independently and multi task.
- Has good understanding of Agile, SDLC and ITIL.