Senior Investment Counsellor - Global Private Banking
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Senior Investment Counsellor
. Principal responsibilities
- Suitable Candidates are experienced at establishing credibility and trusting relationships in the function as primary contact and trusted investment advisor to high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients within HSBC Private Bank. He/She should be skilled in the implementation and oversight of investment portfolios, as well as in providing advice and guidance on markets and actionable investment ideas. Candidates for the position should be collaborative and team oriented, able to leverage a wide array of internal partners to achieve positive client outcomes.
- Individuals in this senior position are expected to contribute toward business development, pitching in partnership with Relationship Managers for incremental client wallet and new-to-bank business. An in-depth understanding of competitive landscape can assist in this individual's contribution toward strategic and platform building initiatives. Strong personal leadership traits and a desire to coach and mentor talent are essential to set this Candidate apart as a senior contributor to the business.
- The role includes determining investment suitability, identifying product specific investment opportunities, providing bespoke portfolio advice and after sales portfolio monitoring. This includes work across asset classes, markets and jurisdictions. Candidates are required to combine in depth knowledge of traditional and alternative investments with opportunities in other areas of the bank such as wealth planning, credit services and global markets to optimize client experience and maximize cross-sell opportunities.
- Individual is expected to maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulator. He/she should understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business.
- Extensive experience in investment advisory, portfolio management or sell-side global markets
- Highly disciplined and self-motivator with strong teamwork
- Chartered Financial Analyst or Master degree will be an advantage
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills in order to influence and negotiate internally
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will requirements the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.