Senior Infrastructure Automation Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Technology power's Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative and efficient technology solutions; we deliver greater value to our business stakeholders; we improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners.
The Core Infrastructure Services (CIS) are responsible for providing and Infrastructure services to all business lines within the bank namely CIB, RBPW, Data and Global Functions. The Core Infrastructure Services function lies within Enterprise Technology and has 14 teams (including Internal Private Cloud, Platform, Web, Middleware, Storage, Database, Data Centre, Batch Management, Platform support, Automation, and others)
The Core Infrastructure Services Automation Team (CISAT) within CIS is responsible for providing Engineering and Automation solutions and capabilities for all infrastructure products and services within CIS and beyond. The global team consists of approximately circa 30 highly skilled team members located in across UK, India, Malaysia, and Singapore. All with a simple mandate to identify and deliver automation solutions that improve efficiency and deliver toil saves.
There is a requirement for a senior Infrastructure Automation engineer within the CISAT who will be responsible for designing and implementing new automation solutions from scratch. The engineer will be expected to leverage existing tools and capabilities within the team and bank by working within a global team on cutting edge automation tooling to deliver innovative solutions to our internal bank wide customers. This is a hands-on role with an emphasis on managing stakeholder demands, conceiving creative solutions and delivering innovative automation solutions from scratch. We are looking for a result oriented, self-starter who will be able to dive deep into problems and think outside of the box Key Requirements
People and Talent
- Develop and maintain Automation Tools & Solutions/frameworks across a Windows Server estate.
- Capture and understand requirements from all key stakeholders to drive a Book of Work.
- Deliver solutions for automating repetitive tasks and reduce "hands on" manual workloads.
- Responsible for automation of infrastructure provisioning and integration between different infrastructure services.
- Diagnose and debug issues in existing automation environments and recommend enhancements.
- Collaborate with other Team members to deliver a robust & saleable automation framework.
- Evaluating new tools/ technologies as required.
- Participating in code reviews, troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis as an SME.
- Provide SME knowledge support to the wider Windows Team on scripting/coding.
- Works closely with team members on testing, upgrades and configuration of system and services. Evaluates and ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results.
- Acts as a mentor to other engineers, as assigned.
- Team player, with the ability to work along side direct team mates as well as collaborate with wider stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile structure and culture with direct experience in using tools such as Jira, bitbucket and CI/CD Pipelines
- Ability to lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver
- Self-starter, able to self-manage with strong collaboration skills and able to interact effectively with others
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Acts as a mentor to more junior engineers
- Provide quality assurance and oversight on output delivered by more junior Automation Engineers objectives
- Banking or Finance Industry experience is preferred
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Atleast 8+ years of experience in Infrastructure Management and Automation
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
- Licences and Certifications / accreditations - Associate or Professional level in the following
- Platform Configuration Management: Puppet
- Windows Server OS
- Scripting languages: Python, Perl, Shell, Java
- Scripting / automate windows administrative tasks (PowerShell\Python\.Net)
- Configuration management tools like puppet
- Experience with windows package manager chocolatey.
- Deep level knowledge of Windows Servers and XenApp technologies
- Understanding of Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy technologies.
- Banking or Finance Industry experience essential.
- Ability to use Jira/Confluence and github/subversion to track bugs and new features updates
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.