Senior IT Project Manager (AVP) - Cash Management
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
This role is to manage Cash Management IT projects (Site initiatives with Regional application/IT impact as well as Regional application releases). This role is essential a leadership role to manage the various components (TBA, Operations, IT, TCOE, Compliance, IT Security, Stakeholders, etc) that forms the project team/scope and timely reporting (progress status and mandays/financials) and escalations to Management is essential to flag critical dependencies, risks and issues for an executive decision that will align the delivery plan back on track.
• Deliver IT projects/releases within the agreed budget and schedule without compromising quality.
• Be knowledgeable and oversee and drive projects from initiation to post implementation support following SDLC/Agile and QMS methodologies. Enforce the Bank's project management policies and procedures.
• Set expectation and project governance at kick off and monitor adherence/compliance throughout the project phases.
• Lead the (Core and Extended) Teams together and collaborate closely to deliver the project/release. Ensure delivery plans, objectives and targets are aligned clearly with the teams and stakeholders.
• Collate progress statuses to track/align reality with delivery plan and publish the reports to stakeholders.
• Manage project Dependencies, Risks and Issues with the project teams to overcome challenges or propose mitigation plans if require escalations to Management for decisions.
• Chair Steercos to provide communication and status reporting to stakeholders and senior management.
• Manage change requests and demands that may impact approved delivery plans.
• Vendor management (where applicable).
- Project Cards
- Tracking of Actuals
- Risk Monitoring and mitigation
• Develop new products jointly with other application/project teams
• Contribute towards the end-to-end solutioning for these new products
• Contribute towards defect leakage and quality improvement initiatives
• To share support and expertise by providing training and knowledge sharing sessions
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
• Possess leadership quality to lead and drive projects.
• Be results-oriented.
• Able to manage dispute and possess good negotiation skills to align teams back on track to agreed IT delivery objectives and plans. Escalate to appropriate levels of Management for timely intervention to avoid further deterioration of project progression.
• Able to multi-task ie. manage projects in parallel.
• Able to manage stress and achieve team cohesion especially during difficult and challenging periods in delivering.
Experience and Qualifications required
• Minimum 10 years of experience in working in IT projects and managing projects (and programs would be a bonus).
• Good and proven fundamental knowledge of Project Management and Risk Management are essential and required for this role.
• PM certification is encouraged but not mandatory; proven track records in managing large sized project teams and deliverables.
• Have done budgeting/financial planning and tracking.
• Experienced in Cash Management IT or possess Cash Management domain knowledge would be a plus.