See job description for details
The Cloud Data Lead is responsible to lead a team of Data Engineers to perform database Administration activities such as database setup, defining/maintaining database objects, backup and recovery in a cloud environment. He/She is also heavily involved in database design and review, application SQL tuning and maintaining documentation meeting customer's expectation. He will also manage the team to provide database consultancies such as performance tuning, data governance and data policies.
- Lead and monitor & measure the performance & availability of databases proactively; implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & availability.
- Lead and monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the databases; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Ensure service level meet requirement. Propose and implement action plan when required. Lead and monitor databases according to standard operations procedures.
- Lead in the implementation of service continuity measures, i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Involve and lead in database implementation.
- Define data governance policy related to database operations management. Manage database permission, hardening standards, database naming standards.
- Keep abreast of database technologies.
- Work with application team to review the database design and recommend suitable changes to the data model with understanding of the business and application environment
- Develop standards and procedures related to database environment and ensure that it is followed through for all implementations
- Engage customers to explain the rationale of the database design, or other technical issues
- Educate application team on best practices in coding and design
- Share knowledge with the team and develop and train junior Data Engineer
- Share knowledge with the rest of organization through CoPs or other in-house forums
- Conduct technical courses related to database management
- Contribute to knowledge repository on experience learnt through project implementation
- Perform SQL tuning and provide suggestions to application teams
- Maintain documentation related to database environment
- Assist and respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Adhere to strict security practices for compliance
- Depending on project requirement, there is a need to support 24x7 requirement. DBA is expected to come back to office and work.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Minimum 5 years in leading a team of at least 3 database administrators in an operational support environment.
- Minimum 3 years in software development or server infrastructure Project
- Application development experience with relational databases such as SQL server Databases.
- Participated in development projects with full exposure as database administrator in either AWS Cloud or Azure Cloud environment.
- Good Operational Experience with Cloud database Administration
- Good practical experience in data modelling and review meeting play the role of data architect.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in trouble-shoot technical problems faced by the project team.
- At least 3 years of working experience in Application performance Tuning and database Performance management
- Experience in setting DB replication and Replication management environment
- Certification in SQL server or other database technologies is value add.
- Additionally, working knowledge of NOSQL DB such as Mongo, MariaDB and MySQL is value add.
- We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for our employees & customers and will require all prospective employees to be fully vaccinated.