The focus of this role is own, understand and deliver accurate, complete and timely regulatory ratios and returns to the MAS. The Senior Manager must be results driven, ensuring the Bank is compliant with MAS regulatory requirements while promoting a strong internal risk and control culture associated with regulatory reporting, and enabling change to technology platforms and business processes.
Assume the role of SME with Up-to-Date Knowledge of Regulatory framework, requirements and developments in the Asia region
- Maintain good understanding of MAS’ regulatory requirements and be able to articulate complex details to non-technical senior stakeholders, team members (on and off-shore), as well as third party vendors where required. The ability to develop and maintain a strong relationship and collaboration with all stakeholders (including all relevant Regulators) is essential for success in this role.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in the computation of regulatory ratios and submission of MAS regulatory returns: This includes performing gap analysis between current and new requirements, accurate, complete, and timely reporting of MAS regulatory ratios and submission of returns.
- Manage regulatory reporting team located on- and off-shore.
- Initiate and lead finance projects (including system enhancements and new MAS reporting requirements) with the objective of ensuring continuity of compliance to regulatory reporting requirements and enhancement of data quality and process efficiency.
- Oversee MAS regulatory reporting processes: ensure robust controls are in place and aligned with governance and controls framework, including GL reconciliation, consistency across returns, and variance analysis.
- Conduct on-going review of current work processes and initiate process enhancement to mitigate all high/medium regulatory issues
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Minimum 8 years of Finance related work experience in banking sector
- >5 Years of experience in Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”) regulatory reporting activities in financial industry
- Strong working knowledge of the suite of MAS regulatory reporting returns, requirements, co-dependencies and inter-relatedness
- Ability to lead and drive change initiatives with a structured and focused approach
- Strong Project management experience
- Effective team and stakeholder management skills and experience in an international environment
- Qualified accountant; or proven record in MAS regulatory reporting
- Strong academic record/an academic degree from a well-recognised institution
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Ability to build effective relationships and assimilate information quickly
- Leader - manage processes to prepare and deliver high quality reports in timely manner
- Possess strong Leadership and business acumen
- Driven to deliver - proven ability to deliver the best possible results for the organisation; persevering, determined, resourceful and a strong sense of purpose and propensity to achieve.