Senior Feedstock Analyst
As a Senior Analyst for Platts, you will deliver in-depth analyses of global NGL and naphtha markets, particularly as they related to petrochemical feedstock demand. You will explore the interface between upstream NGLs, refinery-supplied LPG and naphtha, and condensate to provide actionable intelligence to clients, enabling them to make informed trading, risk management, and investment decisions around this rapidly evolving market. Location:
Singapore/Houston/London The Impact:
Senior Feedstock Analyst, you will be a critical member of the Analytics Team, responsible for conducting market or statistical analysis and interpreting key supply, demand and trade flow data into actionable information for our clients. You will build out detailed, new analytical reports and models that will empower our clients to make business decisions based on strong fundamental analyses.
Your role will focus on strengthening the coverage within our current product portfolio, as well as broadening our reach into related commodities. Speed to market will be critical along with making the reports and analysis crisp, impactful and tradable. You will also be part of a cross commodity team that ensures consistency in outlook across petrochemicals, refined products and NGLs. The Career Opportunity:
We will place you on a challenging and steep learning curve in terms of not only becoming a subject matter authority in NGLs and naphtha, but also in competing/complementary markets where you will be our guide. Opportunities abound to showcase your managerial ambitions, presentation abilities, and thought leadership. Your success in this position could lead to middle to upper management positions within the organization. The Team / The Business:
We are a global team. We are dynamic, with rapidly growing ways of delivering important content and analytics to our readers. For many, we are essential because of the quality insights that we provide. Your Skills:
Naphtha, Natural Gas Liquids, Condensate, Crude Oil, Chemical Engineering, Process Design, Petrochemicals, Financial and/or financial modeling, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Research Our Hiring Manager says:
I'm looking for someone who is experienced in, and curious about energy markets. If you're right for this role, you are inquisitive, conscientious, committed, an effective problem solver, and communicator. You'll love this job because you'll be in a dynamic environment where market-moving changes occur every single day, and you are surrounded by high-energy individuals, passionate about covering markets, spotting key trends, and reporting about those trends to our curious customers. What's in it for you:
- You will ensure all petrochemical feedstock market analysis is relevant and delivered in a timely and impactful way to our customers.
- You will provide the vision for development of new feedstock analytics coverage and ensure consistency in forecasts for NGLs, naphtha and condensate across the downstream markets.
- You will represent the S&P Global Platts Analytics view on feedstock markets to customers.
- You will be expected to present at external conferences to promote our petrochemical analysis and build the Platts Analytics brand in the petrochemical industry.
- You will be a key member of the Platts Analytics Team
- Collect global supply/demand fundamentals and economic data for naphtha and related products to leverage this information, along with knowledge of other feedstocks, cracker yields and marginal pricing into a global naphtha market outlook via commentary and written analysis.
- Develop regional supply/demand models which appropriately depict the historical relationships between naphtha and related products as well as forecast the interplay of these products in the global market.
- Utilize your broad scope of knowledge to perform analysis on data sets that may require advanced modeling techniques.
- Conduct research including identification of data, data input, and statistical analysis of results in order to build and maintain data, generate rate of return analysis, and compile reports.
- Design presentations and engage directly with clients to present actionable data analysis and insights.
- Act quickly to meet each client request.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS (preferred focus Chemical Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, and/or related field of study.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in NGL or petrochemicals industry.
- Natural curiosity about energy market fundamentals and a love for technical clarity.
- Strong numeracy including the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships, understand the basic principles of algebra and statistics; and an understanding of how to apply basic math functions in Excel.
- Excel - proficiency with SQL queries, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, modeling, and linear regressions. Experience with R and Matlab are useful.
- Powerpoint - strong experience and proficiency with crafting presentations that show data graphically (charts, tables).
- Well-rounded communication skills including solid listening techniques, clear, concise writing styles; and strong verbal skills.
- A technical test will be administered during the interview process.
S&P Global Platts
- Strong knowledge of the midstream or petrochemical markets
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
257497 Posted On: