About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Define Engineering standards for key platforms within CPBB
- Define and maintain best in class DevSecOps standards & practice
- Drive uplift in Developer Experience and act as the Developer advocate for the community within and outside the division
- Contribute to transformation of our organisation to adopt the best in class standards and practice for Engineering, DevSecOps, SRE and automation
- Design, Build and manage common engineering assets such as common libraries and engineering pattern implementations
- Contribute to SRE CoE
- Support adoption of SRE within our organisation
- Contribute to definition and maintenance of the end-to-end target state architecture for technology tool
- Being trusted advisor, providing guidance and direction on engineering technologies
- Enable cloud adoption and modernisation of technology landscape
- Supporting Tech delivery to ensure the strategy is realised.
- Increase Engineering efficiency by creating reusable architecture/design artefacts like patterns, implementations, source code, templates.
- Thought Leadership, evangelism and upskilling the workforce on Engineering and DevSecOps
- Drive best practice, methodologies.
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that function is performing to an acceptable risk and control standards.
- Include internal controls, legal and regulatory requirements in the processes supporting the function
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and, if necessary, escalated through the relevant committees.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite. Work in collaboration with risk and control teams.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, anti-money laundering, Open Banking, and Data Protection regulations and guidelines.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Heads of Tech, CPBB
- Head Technology Governance and Assurance
- Global Head, Testing Assurance & Engineering
- Head of Architecture, API and Partnership CPBB
- Principal Architects - CPBB
- Head of Transformation & Strategy CPBB
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in ACES Team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under ACES Function
To be successful in this role, we believe the below experience will make it easier for you but it is by no means mandatory:
- Experience within a financial services institution with recent experience in Engineering, DevSecOps, SRE and Cloud
- At least 5 years of experience in any Senior Engineering role
- Deep expertise in at least one of the Engineering disciplines such as Engineering, DevSecOps, SRE and Cloud
- Communicating and influencing across organisational contexts and driving long term behavioural change
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic advice and guidance
- Hands on experience working in mature agile environments and delivering outcomes iteratively focused on value to the customer
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of industry and technology trends
- Evidence of continual improvement and investment into you (i.e. training, education, secondments into new areas)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.