Senior Director / Director, Credit Derivatives Structurer, Group Global Markets
Posting Date: 22-Oct-2019
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Global Market
function leverages our in-depth knowledge of markets to provide timely financial advice, products and solutions to our clients. Together with our segment managers, we manage our clients' investment, liability and risk management needs through a comprehensive suite of treasury products and services across multiple asset classes. Job Responsibilities
Credit Structuring is part of the Group Global Markets Structuring division. The team is responsible for originating, structuring and distributing credit structured products, including financing and investment solutions.
The successful candidate will be an experienced senior hire, joining the credit structuring team, and is responsible for the origination, analysis and execution of various types of structured transactions within the credit derivatives space. You will work together with external and internal stakeholders to create solutions that match the client's and bank's risk appetite, managing the whole process from product development, marketing, lifecycle management, risk analysis and obtaining approvals. The team needs to ensure the firm has a complete understanding of the product, ranging from the commercial risks to legal risks and the accounting implications.
A typical day involves talking to everyone from trading to back office support functions around structures to put together products that will work for all stakeholders. The candidate is expected to participate in client meetings with sales to market credit derivative products. The actual work involves putting together documents (presentations, term sheets, legal documents etc.) that will help to explain the transaction to both clients and internal functions in a clear and concise manner. Job Requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- Well-developed analytical skills for problem solving and managing complex processes
- Quantitative background (e. g. finance, engineering, mathematics etc.), with practical knowledge and experience of pricing and structuring multi asset derivatives would be beneficial
- Experience in legal matters and familiarity with credit derivative related legal documentation;
- Good understanding and appreciation of financial products, especially in credit derivatives or debt products
- Confidence in liaising with sales, trading, legal, tax, accounting, and business support teams to discuss structuring and pricing issues
- Strong propensity to work on documentation issues in relation to products
- Possess initiative and creativity in identifying opportunities and new ideas with customized solutions
- Meticulous, organized and with a sharp eye for details
- Good interpersonal skills as the candidate will be expected to autonomously interface with and to support the various sales and distribution channels of the bank
- Excellent spoken and written English and good command of Chinese would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills
- The successful candidate should have a genial disposition, have a positive attitude and a zest for excelling
Apply now and make a difference.