Senior Director Fund Administration - Private Equity, Vice President
Who we are looking for
We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position. This senior managerial position has responsibility for managing client relationships and directing the administration offering for a portfolio of blue chip, alternative investment clients. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Client Services, Vice President you will
What we value
- Provide overall direction to department managers and subordinate staff to assure synchronized teamwork that accomplishes yearly and quarterly financial, and efficiency goals and objectives.
- Maintain relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street and ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- Supervise staff and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with other home site locations and hub locations in China and India on deliverable quality improvement, KPI and efficiency projects.
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement; trades; etc.) in accordance with established guidelines.
- Lead and participate in projects across the department, in particular those which look to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency and deliver outstanding client service.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of private equity fund structures and show proficiency in accounting for complex transactions, understanding investment fund legal documents and guiding your teams in implementing standard methodologies.
- Model professionalism and ethical behaviors in all interactions, both internal and external.
- Develop and execute business plans both internally and in partnership with clients.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
- Spearhead special projects and serve on committees and taskforce assignments.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Demonstrate initiative to perform well under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple assignments
About State Street What we do.
- Fund accounting experience, 13 or more years of accounting and/or financial service operations experience, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience. MBA and/or CPA is a plus.
- College degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred).
- Solid knowledge on private equity area is required.
- Investran experience is preferred.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers