Senior Development Manager-Client Lifecycle
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Strategize the Technology roadmap for CLDM delivery
- Foster engineering mindset among the people and develop talent within the team
- Provide Inputs/ directions for strategic programs across Solutions, Design and Approach to implementation
- Adopt the bank's cloud strategy and drive within our programs/ projects
- Independently drive CC strategy on Design, API, Microservices, Cloud Adoption, Transformation (White Panda) led initiatives
- Guide new ideas through the ideation and design process to ensure they are sufficiently defined to address and meet strategic goals
- Manage good relationship with our stakeholders in COO, PSS, Technology Services and Architecture teams
- Work with Biz teams to define the outcomes and business benefits around Technology changes
- Work with Business teams in articulating key technology risks and obsolescence so that its better understood. Work towards addressing these across our squads
- Take part in Technology evaluation around Products / Services on new initiatives
People and Talent
- Adhere to VX principles and guidelines on all Program delivery
- Compliance on ICS guidelines, Security and Data protection
- Compliant to SDF/SIA/TDA/RAT process and drive bank towards automating process areas removing redundancies
- Train, retain and motivate teams under you providing leadership where required
- Recognize talent and identify the training/coaching areas for employees
- Manage the expectations. Provide timely feedback on Performance, Training, Areas of improvement, Addressing Bias etc
- Identify top talent, succession planning, key person dependency/risk and constantly work to address them with the appropriate plans
- Be the face of the bank to your teams and communicate on things happening in department, bank, locale to drive the best results
- Anticipate and handle all the delivery challenges and risks and adhere to Group compliance requirements based on business criticality levels.
- Handle team capacity and manage workloads.
- Manage the team and raise upfront on the people onboarding requirements as early as possible.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Must be aware of the Group's regulatory framework and is expected to adhere based on the role.
- Must understand the oversight and controls related to Business Unit, Job Function and deliver.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CCIB CLDM ITO / Application Development, Support & Engineering to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CLDM ITO, CLDM Business, Vendors related to CLDM, Interfacing systems to CLDM (CCIB Business Unit)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage and handle all CCIB CLDM Objectives.
- 15+ Years of experience in application development using Java and Advance Technologies tool.
- Good understanding of fundamental architecture and design principles, object-orientation principles and coding standards.
- Ability to build extensible and scalable solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge in DevOps tools & CI-CD methodology.
- Good experience in setting up the Delivery team in various location & Managing the large size team.
- Very good presentation and documentation skills.
- Experience in presenting solutions to architecture forums and follow the principles and standards in implementation.
- Good experience in Application Delivery, that also includes Release Management and Production Support.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks.
- Experienced in Agile methodology and Waterfall models.
- Understanding on source control, versioning, branching etc.
- Recommend future technology capabilities and architecture design considering business objectives, technology strategy, trends and regulatory requirements.
- A highly motivated person that is passionate about collaborating with others to drive results, has a team first attitude and can motivate others to do the same to improve the organization.
Development Manager Competency
- Good knowledge about Design Patterns and Principles, Microservices Architecture.
- Strong hands on experience on CI-CD pattern with good knowledge on related tools like GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, JIRA, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker and automation test tool like JMeter, SoapUI.
- Good hands on Data structure and Algorithms.
- Ability to design and build smart, scalable and resilient solutions with tight deadlines, both high and low-level.
- Good knowledge in Enterprise Application Integration patterns (synchronous, asynchronous).
- Good knowledge on API building (Web Service, SOAP/REST).
- Experience in building large scale applications using opensource and J2EE technologies.
- Good knowledge on multi-threading and multi-processing implementations.
- Good knowledge in dependency injections like Spring DI/Blueprints and JSON libraries like Jackson/GSON
- Ability to work in quick paced, dynamic environment adapting agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge in Cloud engineering (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Experience in building and supporting OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Good knowledge in Linux Operating System (Preferably RHEL).
- Hands-on knowledge in application servers/containers JBoss Fuse.
- Good Hands on knowledge on containerized platforms like Kubernetes, OpenShift.
- Expertise in RDBMS solutions (Oracle, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL offerings (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- Strong programming and hands-on skills in Java.
- Strong experience in open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Transaction Management and Apache Libraries (Camel/ActiveMQ/Commons).
- Hands-on skills in J2EE specifications like JAX-RS, JAX-WS.
- Good Understanding code quality tools like SonarQube, AppScan, XRAY.
- Strong experienced in policy/rule engines like Oracle Policy Automation or others.
- Strong experience on Unit testing and code coverage using JUnit/Mockito.
- Strong experience and Knowledge on Data Analysis/Analytics & Profiling.
- Strong knowledge on testing methodologies like performance testing, smoke testing, stress testing, endurance testing, etc.
- Good knowledge on Banking domain and experience in CLDM Life cycle and process guidelines.
- Good knowledge on IMDG (Ignite or Hazelcast).
- Having Knowledge in Python programming is added advantage.
- Experience in distributed technologies e.g. Kafka, Apache MQ, RabbitMQ etc. will be added advantage
- Knowledge in DSE DataStax or Neo4j will be an added advantage.
- Strong experience in Oracle policy automation tool (OPA)
- Strong experience and knowledge on different open source tools best for developing & building risk rating & validation engines.
Good to Have
- Good experience in People Management & handling Delivery Teams from various locations.
- Good experience in understanding the business requirement, defining project Scope, Effort Estimation and providing the plan for delivering the product.
- Good experience in delivering the applications including Sprint, SIT, UAT and Performance Testing support.
- Good experience in working with Business stakeholders and Senior Technical leaders for delivering the strategy solution
- Good Teamwork skills for building the strong relationship with Developers and senior Stakeholders
- Experience in evaluating the performance of team members, provide feedbacks and prepare appraisals.
- Experience in application management on defining project objectives, resource planning, allocation and support for projects.
- Experience in handling the issues relating to application resource utilization.
- Good experience in application support & Handling the critical Production issue with PSS support team.
- Maintaining good technical knowledge to provide direction to the development process.
- Manage cost and quality improvement activities by implementing new effective processes.
- Good knowledge in the application release Management and code promotion to higher environment using DevOps.
- Experience in application development for Client Due Diligence (CDD), On-boarding, FATCA & CRS
- Good knowledge on Cloud native application development, and knowledge of Cloud computing services.
- CDD process awareness including AML, KYC and Screening
- Should be able to review and remediate observed CDD related gaps.
- Enhance and improve CDD related processes.
- Experience and good knowledge on AI & ML (Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning)
- Membership in technical guilds/ associations like ASP (Association of Software Professionals), IWA (International Web Association), etc.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.