Senior Developer - UI
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions to tight deadlines
- Ability to write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Take ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- A team player, capable of engaging with other teams in Technology
- Experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of financial markets systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
Provide second line support
Our Ideal Candidate
- Familiarity with React, npm/yarn and webpack
- Familiarity with Rx a plus
- Familiarity with Java a plus
- Familiarity with real-time messaging architectures a plus
- Familiarity or experience in Single Page Application development a plus
- 5+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Strong CSS
- Single page modular application development
- Ability to develop latency sensitive systems
- Agile development
- Understanding of real time application development
- Experience with git and Atlassian toolset
- Financial Market domain knowledge
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Derivatives business is a plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong web development skills, preferable using real time messaging over web-sockets
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale feature rich web applications
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment.
- Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .