Senior DevOps Lead Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
SABRE (StanChart's Analytics, Booking & Risk Engine) is a world class technology group in Standard Chartered bank that provides technical solutions to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading and regulatory projects in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists in a financial markets domain.
SABRE is a cross-asset (FX, Commodities, Credit, Rates and Equities) risk management, P&L and structured products trading platform to support the bank's fast-growing financial markets business. It's built upon cutting-edge technologies and running globally in London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai.
As a Senior DevOps Lead Engineer, you'll be involved in leading the team and driving the adoption of DevOps good practices across the Financial Markets division of the bank, working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations. Focus will be on turning SABRE into a "best-in-class" agile project and then pushing the adoption of this model out to other FM projects. The platform is in the process of being migrated to Kubernetes and full scale automation of all software deployment into production. Key Roles & Responsibilities
To develop the Financial Markets adoption and use of best-practice DevOps procedures and tools.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Design resilient, flexible and scalable solutions following the bank standards.
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology.
- Hands-on Kubernetes and Docker experience.
- Strong Linux administration and networking skills
- Strong scripting skills, including Ansible.
- Experience with Agile development principles
- Extensive experience in DevOps and/or Infrastructure support
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Fabric
- Any Java experience is a plus.
- DevOps domain knowledge - Environment provisioning, maintenance and deployment
- Experience in a large, Enterprise organization
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Team leading experience
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team player
- Ability to mentor others
- Good judgement
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Knowledge and previous experience in deployment and support of large scale data processing systems built in Java.
- Familiarity and confidence using and administering Atlassian tools such as JIRA/Crucible, etc.
- Self-starter who can drive / facilitate the requirements and DevOps effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .