- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 20 Apr 18
Senior DevOps Champion / Automation Manager (Chief Data Office)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for talented and motivated full stack software engineer to join a high performing Scrum team to roll out BIG data solutions for SCB customers. The candidate must be a skilled professional who has E2E software development experience with a desire to work on an Agile, dynamic, and flat organisational structure.
The candidate will be expected to own, and represent the specialist capacity to a section of the Bank, bootstrapping DevOps/automation teams from hiring advice to tool usage, design automation strategies for project and application teams. The successful candidate will be engaging at the very beginning of projects or later in a project lifecycle to ensure that planning and resourcing of automated release and test design ensuring that the project properly conducts overall execution. A key dimension will be to raise the quality of specification and planning across the Bank in general. While project teams will normally own detailed planning, authoring and execution activities, the Devops champion may be expected to engage and even execute on complex projects, so a strong element of individual contribution is expected, and candidates must be prepared for and relish this
We have an opportunity for a Senior DevOps champion / automation Manager based in Singapore.
The candidate should have a passion for quality delivery, Agile and automation in all its dimensions and possess a solid record of accomplishment of software delivery, solution design and stakeholder management. The candidate would have a strong knowledge of DevOps and Agile delivery practices, as well as a disciplined approach to planning, execution, and reporting.
The successful applicant will...
- Work with wider development teams and coach and guide in the following areas:
o Requirements gathering; design; develop; test; deploy
- Work closely with Product Owner and Scrum teams to deliver user-centric
- Release & Deployment management; DevOps
- Promote adoption and rollout of Agile and modern software engineering practices;
- Drive innovative software engineering practices and architecture design;
- Work with other technology teams to establish frameworks for delivering online capability
- Ensure risks, issues, costs, and schedules are appropriately managed following agile principles.
- Work with technology teams to co-ordinate development and create a delivery pipeline across multiple streams
- Collaborate with core DevOps and Testing teams to build and enhance a continuous delivery pipeline;
- Collaborate and support operations team;
- Constantly analyse and improve the performance and quality of the product and team;
- Able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements;
- Successful implementation of Agile practices and tools;
- Feedback from stakeholder groups;
- Ensuring that all release cycles follow the release governance set and utilise automation from start to end including test automation and test management
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues using clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
- Values working in a team
- Has a large appetite for performance enhancements and automation
- DevOps toolchain experience: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible , Artifactory;
- Experience in managing and setup up GIT repositories and knowledge of GIT workflow
- Configuration and deployment tools experience - ie .Ansible, Chef, or Puppet;
- Strong Scripting and technical capabilities - ie. Shell, Python, Ruby, and / or JS
- Experience in supporting Data warehouse and Middle / Back office applications
- Experience in Hadoop, Teradata hands on skills
- NoSql databases
- Cloud deployment and systems management experience - AWS
- UNIX and TCP/IP - understand strace and tcpdump output
- Prior experience in BIG Data operations or similar experience
- Scrum Master and Product Owner certification would be preferable
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...