Senior DevOps - Blade
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Derivatives Pricing team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives within Standard Chartered. The development team is driven to provide world class technology to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative solutions to bear on the challenges of best servicing our customers in a highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to join an organization working with smart technologists globally in the financial markets domain. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents willing and able to step up.
BLADE is a cross-asset derivatives pricing system. It is a micro-service architecture running across an OpenShift platform (soon to move to raw Kubernetes) in Docker containers. The DevOps team manage a number of environments (Dev, test and UAT) and support the dev team with build (Jenkins), deployments (Helm) and monitoring (ELK) as well as working on infrastructure components such as Cassandra and Kafka.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll be involved in driving the adoption of DevOps good practices across the Financial Markets division of the bank, working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations. Key Roles & Responsibilities
To develop the Financial Markets adoption and use of best-practice DevOps procedures and tools.
- Design resilient, flexible and scalable solutions following the bank standards.
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology.
- Hands-on Kubernetes and Docker experience.
- Strong Linux administration and networking skills
- Strong scripting skills.
- Experience with Agile development principles
- Extensive experience in DevOps and/or Infrastructure support
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Fabric
Our Ideal Candidate
- DevOps domain knowledge - Environment provisioning, maintenance and deployment
- Experience in a large, Enterprise organization
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Proactive, self starter, autonomous
- Good team player
- Ability to mentor others
- Good judgement
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Knowledge and previous experience in deployment and support of large scale data processing systems built in Java.
- Familiarity and confidence using and administering Atlassian tools such as JIRA/Crucible, etc.
- Self-starter who can drive / facilitate the requirements and DevOps effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .