- SGD144000 - SGD180000 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Singapore
- 20 Jun 19
Senior Data Scientist
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: SGD144000 - SGD180000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Data Scientist A leading global FinTech firm is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join their data lab based here in Singapore. The team covers a regional portfolio spanning their existing South East Asian business lines and supports expansion initiatives within the region.
Senior Data Scientist
A leading global FinTech firm is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join their data lab based here in Singapore. The team covers a regional portfolio spanning their existing South East Asian business lines and supports expansion initiatives within the region. Some recent engagements they've done with their clients include:
- Proprietary recommender system that considers frequency, value, accuracy, diversity and novelty of data. One implementation runs more than 28 quintillion calculations and leverages insight from more than 5 billion transactions. The approaches include collaborative filtering and merchant similarity indexing.
- Historical spend probability calculation and algorithms where individual profiles for consumers and small businesses are updated daily with new transactions; alerts are generated when events take place that are outside of expected behavior parameters. One implementation runs daily updates on more than 120 million individual profiles.
- Income estimation derived from anonymized automated clearinghouse deposits using advanced clustering techniques. The process can identify more than 60 distinct income deposit patterns, and the output has been linked to assess direct deposit account liquidity risk and cross-sell product sequencing.
- Other projects include evaluating the impact of multiple social media data sets on commercial credit risk, improving point proximity estimation using geolocation data and assessing consumer sensitivity to changes in product pricing.
The Senior Data Scientist will start off in a hands-on technical role focused on delivery, with opportunities to take up team leadership as you develop within the business.
Key requirements of the Senior Data Scientist role include:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent quantitative field with demonstrable experience in end to end data science solution development.
- Strong coding skills in Python
- Hands on experience with relevant Python libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, sklearn etc
- Hands on experience with scalable platforms for processing large data sets such as Hive, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Ability to communicate analytics-based insights to business stakeholders.
- Role based in Singapore with up to 20% travel requirement in the APAC region.