Senior Cross Commodity Analyst
- Above market rate
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Singapore , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
This is an opportunity to join a centralized market analysis team. Based out of Singapore, this is an exciting, best in breed team, who are growing, and play an increasingly important role in this commodity house's global plans.
Opportunity for a Cross Commodity Analyst to generate short-term analysis and insights that improve sales and trading outcomes and provide superior short to medium term market context and price forecasts to the Group.
- Reports to Cross-Commodity Manager, you will have strong capability across the following aspects of commodity market analysis and its applicability and impact to wider markets.
- Supply – tracking of orderbook, deliveries and scrapping; ship availability and utilization
- Demand conditions – understanding key commodity market drivers and impacts
- Policy environment – track policy and environmental regulations and impact on commodities markets
- Reporting - Preparing weekly and monthly commodity reviews;
- Price formation and forecasting methodologies - excellent mathematics, econometrics or programming skills to develop short run forecasting models.
- The Analyst will be expected to identify commercial insights resulting from their analysis and make commercial recommendations to the Marine and Sales & Marketing teams.
Key attributes for the role
- Commodity experience that can be meaningfully applied to market analysis and trading: a range of academic qualifications will be considered to make up the complement of the analytical team (business, engineering, economics, commerce, mathematics, programming, etc.)
- An understanding of how commodity market analysis can be used to successfully inform commercial decision making processes
- Good communication skills to enable the presentation of complex information and analysis to a wide range of senior stakeholders across the Group
- An ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, particularly with Sales teams
- An ability to conduct research and analysis and apply the learnings
- An understanding of some aspects of commodity markets or forecasting techniques
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Strong report writing skills, including the effective use of graphical information