Our client, a leading regional FinTech company, is looking to fill a newly created Senior Counsel (Head of Legal) role. Reporting into the C-suite team (CEO, CFO), you will be given the mandate to build and manage a top tier regional legal team.
Being a consumer technology focused FinTech company, the successful candidate will also be involved in managing consumer lending/financing products,technology licensing/IP, data privacy matters and general corporate matters across multiple jurisdictions.
Transactional aspect of the role would include taking lead in structuring financing deals (debt, equity 3rd party financing and others)
You are legally qualified (commonwealth preferred) with ideally min 10 PQE. Relevant experience in Banking & Finance Practice in top tier local and/or international law firms as well as in-house experience with leading FinTech and/or Financial Institutions (preferably in Consumer Finance) will be well regarded. Due to significant business interest in Indonesia, Bahasa Indonesia skills would be a strong must (although not an absolute must).
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently, function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
Strong passion for fintech/startup would also be critical to do well in the role.
- Advise on transactional matters pertaining to balance sheet funding (debt and equity), 3rd party financing, consumer lending and others
- Ensure regulatory and compliance requirement/obligations from the company are met
- Kept abreast of developments in regulatory requirements which will impact business operations
- Manage external counsels whenever required
- Assist on submissions to obtain regulatory and licensing approvals
- Advise on general legal, compliance and corporate commercial matters including technology licensing, intellectual property, commercial contracts, data protection policies ; etc.
- Support the C-suite on any other matters which require legal input
- Bar qualification (min 10 PQE)
- Experience FinTech/Financial Institutions esp. in Consumer Lending space will be highly regarded
- Keen interest to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with frontier topics within the FinTech space
- Commercial and solutions driven
- Mature, independent and hands on
- Management experience or proven leadership qualities will be well regarded
- Bahasa Indonesia language skills a major plus