Senior Business Analyst (Policy Admin System and Product Configuration)
Reporting to the Head - Business Solutions, the team lead is responsible to enhance, maintain and provide BAU support for PAS (Policy Administration), Visual Product Modelling System (VPMS), Product Stage and Print Express Application. The Job
- Able to guide a team of business analysts to provide support to other peripheral IT system teams and business who are interacting with PAS, VPMS, PrintXpress and Product Stage
- Understanding of Integral policy administration system including its application architecture and its various modules like Quotation, New Business, Work Flow, Policy Servicing, Claims, etc. is a must
- Well versed in replicating existing product templates and configuring or modifying existing or new product on Product Stage is required. Should be able to add or delete new fields from a particular screen easily and to extract, compare, clone, import and export products seamlessly in product stage system
- Expert in configuring PrintXpress based on jasper templates to generate various pdf documents for new business schedule, first premium letter, financial need analysis, renewal notices, claim notice, etc. through data exchange in REST API and XML format to generate PDF's is a must, enabling its integration with some cloud storage and expert in jasper template design
- Develop, maintain and unit test General Insurance Product Models in VPMS
- Elicit insurance product specification and requirements from Actuarial & Product Team and wrap them in VPMS models
- Create sustainable architecture of VPMS models which allow scalability and easy maintainability
- Architecture of VPMS models should be modular enough to allow rapid changes without compiling whole set of models again and without disturbing other working models
- Build product matrix, product configuration, product validation techniques in VPMS
- Perform mass and regression testing using VPMS runtime test utility
- Enable Dev/Ops support for VP/MS models and expose developed VPMS models as RESTful Product API
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and take appropriate steps to mitigate the risks
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company
- Highlight any potential concerns/ risks and proactively share best risk management practices
About Great Eastern
- Degree in IT or equivalent
- At least 12-15 years of working experience in any line of insurance with products knowledge is preferred
- Good working attitude, problem solving, logical thinking and able to deliver tasks on time
- Good written and oral communication skills, and able to interact with people at different levels
- High level of integrity, take accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork
- Take initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-KY1
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.