- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 28 Nov 17
Senior Business Analyst
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.SCB established the Chief Data Office (CDO) in early 2014, reporting to the Group CIO. The primary objective of the CDO is to establish the data quality management framework (DQMF) and propagate adoption of the DQMF, allied procedures and processes across different functions of the Bank.
The CDO Function plays a pivotal role in enabling the Bank's compliance with the BCBS239 compliance requirements. To this end, a CDO Programme Delivery Team was established in late 2014 with the objective of establishing data provenance & data quality for the Bank's critical data. In 2015, the CDO Team has liaised with the Risk Reporting Functions and other key stakeholders in defining the critical data, allied flows and conducted an assessment of the controls that exist in the Bank. In 2016, the primary objective will be to ensure adoption of the DQMF (including implementation & documentation of controls, effectiveness testing, alignment to the Bank's Operational Risk Framework).
Support end-2end delivery of Metadata Tool in the bank as part of BCBS 239 programme as a Business Analyst.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
You will be allocated to Metadata Tool Implementation project and below are key deliverables.
- Business analysis & write Business Requirement Document
- Support Project Governance in Clarity & preparing PSC packs
- Data Flow Diagrams depicting end-to-end flows of critical data for BCBS239
- Work with vendor and ensure that required requirements are met
- Support testing & work with technology in successful delivery
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate in Computer Science or higher
- 8-10 years of Business Analysis experience in Banking/Financial Industry
- Knowledge of metadata related standards, processes, and technology
- Prior Experience in Client, Market and metadata and Data profiling projects
- Understanding and experience in regulatory projects like FATCA etc.
- Strong understanding of SDLC cycle and project management
- Experience in MS-Access, SQL, and Data quality tools
- Collaborate with Application/System owner teams (Business and IT ) and other Stakeholders to define the data dictionaries and data flows
- Own, Manage and be responsible for delivering assigned work stream relating to projects under project
- Collaborate with different stakeholders within the bank to seek required support for delivering excellence in all services.
- Challenging deadlines.
- Significantly high numbers of stakeholders with diverse viewpoints on data quality & levels of controls required within functions.
- Countless conversations and negotiations with multiple stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Satisfaction in delivering against a key objective for the Group.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.