- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Audit Manager, Project Audit
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Audit Manager, Project AuditAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To act as Team Manager and take responsibility for overseeing the delivery of high quality audits, including finalizing of audit issues and the audit report;
- To act as a Team Leader on assigned audit work involving project risk across the Group. To confirm that assigned audit work, as well as the work carried out by team members is executed in an efficient and effective manner, within the given budget and timelines, and in line with GIA methodology standards.
- To clearly identify the risks and impact of issues during issue writing, agreeing these issues with management and obtaining quality management action plans to mitigate the risks raised;
- To lead continuous monitoring of assigned portfolio areas, and to build and maintain engagement with stakeholders;
- To take responsibility for the design and implementation of department wide exercises such as annual planning, risk assessment and training; Support the HOA to update the relevant assigned risk assessments as part of the Continuous Risk Assessment on a regular basis so that changes in risk profiles are identified in a timely manner, proposing changes to the assigned audit plan to the HOA, as appropriate
- To support GIA audit teams by providing project knowledge and expertise for their audits relating to the individual's area of responsibility;
- To attend and present at formal committees and Group meetings on behalf of the HOA or for their own area of responsibility, as required, e.g. Governance Committees
- To support the HOA in their role as the GIA change delivery subject matter expert
- Issue validation: all audit issue action plans agreed during audit fieldwork should be tracked through to completion in accordance with methodology requirements
- Review MI and reports regularly to keep up-to-date with key trends within the business.
- Have a thorough understanding of the latest project management and change management implementation approaches such as Agile, and good knowledge and experience in project and IT delivery.
- Support the HOA where required, in the development of the GIA risk assessment and development of an appropriate audit plan for the HOA's assigned portfolio;
- Support the HOA to assess the assigned audit plan to confirm that it remains relevant throughout the year as the risk profile of the business changes. Propose changes as appropriate; and
- Ensure that audit team operates in line with the Audit Charter during engagements, remains independent from management and free from interference.
- Define processes for the continuous improvement of Project Audit team's approach to auditing project management.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the management of business units which fall under risk assessment responsibility.
- Develop good working relationship with GIA stakeholders - team leaders, team members, team managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and ability to motivate and guide audit team leaders and members
- Influence change within the department by highlighting potential enhancements;
- Identify growth areas at the start of each audit, and discuss with HOA on how best to develop them during the work;
- Provide written performance feedback to team members at the end of an audit.
- Identify and successfully complete key internal training for self-development;
Our Ideal Candidate
- Background in project auditing within international financial service organizations.
- Project Management experience. i.e. PMO, auditing project
- Professional auditors or practitioners from the business, with well-developed core audit / business skills /IT delivery skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining effective working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and objectivity.
- Demonstrates ability to work with limited direction and multi-task without loss of quality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Ability to commit to 10-20% business travel.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.