Senior Audit Manager - Risk & Legal Audit
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 19 Jan 18
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions?
We're looking for someone who can:
– conduct reviews and audits of specific business and functional areas, and provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues identified
– analyze and assess risks and barriers to delivery (investment suitability, supervision, cross-border), assumed by both the business and support and control functions
– identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks
– prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management, monitor the results and for risk profile changes and developments, and provide inputs for planning sessions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) in Singapore. GIA, as an independent function, supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center (CC) functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. Our team is responsible for auditing the CC areas in APAC as part of the global Risk and Legal Audit team working closely with IT, Finance, Operations & HR Audit team.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree and experience in audit (7+ years or more)
– experience in compliance and operational risk controls within the financial industry would be preferred
– strong analytical skills and experience with industry, regulatory developments particularly in APAC and willingness to learn new concepts and methods
– a detailed understanding of banking operations and regulations (e.g. financial crime, market & employee conduct, monitoring & surveillance, governance, etc., and front-to-back Operations / Finance activities, a plus) as well a quantitative approach to problem solving
– reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
– analytical, risk focused and ideally capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients and investment products
– a flexible and committed team player willing to travel or work flex hours for audit assignments
– curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.