Senior Associate / Associate, Storage Engineer, Technology and Operations
Many critical IT services of the Bank are housed in enterprise storage. There is a need to ensure the Bank's storage are configured and operate optimally and securely to deliver relevant, efficient, and reliable services. This role will provide technical support services on Object Storage (OBJ/S3), Content Addressable Storage (CAS) and Network Attached Storage (NAS). The role will manage and govern various parties involved in providing storage services and provide technical expertise oversight in these areas.
The role is for an experienced and proven storage administrator to implement and support storage operations (OBJ/CAS/NAS) with its related system services/software in accordance with the business requirement and in compliance with engineering standards and processes. Responsibilities
The role is required but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate and work to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams.
- Develop and maintain storage automation codes
- Document storage automation process for upkeep
- Maintain configuration standard and design guideline for storage and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience and monitoring functional areas.
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and Technology Services management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery
- Maintain and adhere to operation standard and guidelines.
- Ensure the supportability of the firmware and software. Plan and lead upgrade projects where applicable.
- Implement changes accordingly to process and procedure.
- Conduct performance analysis and tuning
- Automate system operation
- Track and drive patch management for all subsystem software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Conduct asset management to ensure accuracy and timely updates.
- Adhere to access process and standard, performing regular access review and validation.
- Apply new technology and process to improve system operation, supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on storage hardware and software to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Support capacity planning and performance management.
- Maintain Storage Asset inventory currency.
- Support Storage team across Singapore and regional countries
- Work with other teams including Applications support, Change, Incident, Problem, Asset for example
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure
- Deep understanding of Object storage and Content Addressable Storage
- Minimum 1-2 years system support experience with CAS storage (DellEMC Centera, DellEMC ECS)
- Possess working knowledge of Network Attached Storage
- Minimum 1-2 years system support experience with NAS storage (NetApp FAS, AFF)
- Working knowledge of SAN storage and SAN fabric will be an advantage
- Experience driving major production incidents and organize incident retrospective meetings
- Experience with S3, VMware, Linux, Windows systems
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performance systems
- Experience with python and Unix scripting