Senior Associate / Associate, Security Data Analyst, Information Security Services, Technology Services, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
Security Data Analyst (Security, Dashboards and Models) will be involved in working on problems posed by various sources of data, designing data models tuning them and displaying their output in meaningful way. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Think about the 'inside out' and the second order consequences with all our data.
- 'What, How and When' are the foundations, exploring 'Why' will bring us meaning we can share and build common understanding and shared vision.
- Provide input into data acquisition efforts for the program, analyse data sets and create models from them quickly working with our security and business domain experts inside and outside the team.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their questions and how we can answer them in effective and achievable ways.
- Work with data scientists from our Analytics Centre of Excellence to tune the existing models and build new ones.
- Document the requirements with the ISS team's assistance and ensure that we design and implement understandable models and dashboards with captured rationales. Good designs tend to be easy to modify.
- Incrementally Improve model reliability, efficiency and quality for our project.
- Design and develop business intelligence reports / performance measurement dashboards / analytics output for operations productivity improvement and manual processes automation.
- Perform basic data clustering and analysis, classifying where we can and building our understanding.
- Provide operational assistance and guidance for the resulting data product to Architects and the wider team.
- Establish and maintain continuous delivery pipelines for the deployment of Machine Learning Models.
- Design, document, refine and implement models that can answer our questions in line with the current state of the art, working with the team to foster a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Continuously learn the architecturally possible options within the banks technology stack and aim off to ensure that the appropriate components are utilized and maintained.
One of the requirements to work well with real data is recognizing that nothing is perfect, however ideally you would cover most of these items:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Analytics or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Interest in data science and you may hold certifications from vendors such as Cloudera, Databricks or others
- Interest in Security and you might be interested in SOC, Incident Response and you may hold or be pursuing certification around this area
- Rapidly create dashboards using Excel, Tableau, Superset or similar. Visualizations that work for operators, senior management etc
- Hands on experience with machine learning (2-3 years in industry focusing on similar work)
- Knowledge of a data science workbenches/environments such as Spark. PyTorch, TensorFlow etc
- Working knowledge of coding in Python, especially if it's used for data projects, familiarity with ML libraries
- Principles of Machine Learning particularly simple mathematical models and clustering
- Working knowledge of Extract, Load and Transform (ELT) is desirable
- Experience working with teams performing systems automation and integration (leveraging an agile methodology (scrum) / Kanban / lean techinques) is nice to have
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.