Senior Associate / Associate, Platform Technology Controller, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services. The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
Reporting to the Platform Technology Finance Vice President, you will support the VP in managing the Technology function(s) relationship with key stakeholders across the group and locations. As a trusted business partner and conduit between Technology function and Business Unit Controllers, you will support your manager in identifying business challenges faced by Technology function, propose 'fit for purpose' solutions and provide transparency to key stakeholders. Your key duties include the following:
- Provide timely and accurate financial performance analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Review monthly balance sheet aging
- Perform month end flash review
- Ensure recovery of technology resources are timely and accurate
- Review journals submitted by units are accurate, correct and well documented
- Review contracts and outsourcing of services, ensuring alignment to DBS standard
- Review investment spend, ensuring alignment to DBS governance
- Review and validate cost savings
- Provide allocation details to Business Units
- Assist in annual budgetary exercise on data collation, validation and consolidation
- Any other ad hoc requests
- Degree qualified in Accounting & Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of banking experience, preferably in Technology Finance
- Good accounting knowledge in terms of financial principles and taxation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficient with MS Office applications;
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase a major plus;
- Highly organized, meticulous and detailed oriented; and
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.