Senior Associate, Specialist, Service Delivery Engineer-Systems Admin/Engineering, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Perform regular system reviews, work on pro-active performance tuning and resilience improvements.
- Collaborate and work with the engineering team in developing technical solutions as well as plan and configure solutions in response to requirements from Business and Application teams.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for Linux and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to Problem Management Team. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery.
- Review and approve change requests. Supervise the execution of major changes.
- Automate system operation for repetitive tasks.
- Track and drive patch management. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery
- Apply modern technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Possess good technical knowledge of RHEL/Oracle Linux, Solaris and Unix hardware, operating system and system services (Volume Manager, NTP, NFS, DNS, clustering, SSH, TSM, ITM etc).
- Plan and lead OS upgrade / migration activities independently.
- Experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning of Linux / UNIX.
- Experience in implementing and managing VCS clustering.
- Knowledge of server hardening to ensure that system is secure.
- Experience in middleware (Connect Direct and SSH) and ability in supporting application setup in the Linux / UNIX environment will be an added advantage.
- Scripting knowledge in Bash, Python and Perl will be desirable; to automate and avoid repetitive tasks.
- Certification in LINUX and Solaris will be an added advantage.
- Candidate should possess Satellite, Ansible and CI/CD Knowledge.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.