Senior Associate, SRE Operations and Incident Management, EASRE, Technology & Operations
Business Function Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose This position is for an SRE Operations & Blameless Incident Retrospective Senior Analyst within the enabling group, Enterprise Architecture & Site Reliability Engineering (EASRE) department. This role is expected to effectively contribute in the conduct of Blameless incident retrospective operations and in other SRE activities in general which pertains to maintenance management that includes availability, latency, performance, change management, monitoring, capacity planning & also the solutions offered derived from emergency response. Key Accountabilities
- Effective facilitation & conduct blameless retrospectives (RCA) activities from end to end
- Absorb new technology rapidly & apply effectively.
- Evaluate & demonstrate new cloud technologies as required.
- Communicate well with technical & non-technical colleagues.
- Mentoring of other colleagues as necessary.
- Work to a high standard with agreed timescales.
- Undertake any other tasks or duties that are reasonable & requested by your supervisor or a member of the senior management team.
- Code reviewing
- Ability to apply knowledge in supporting "Run" operations.
- Perform data analysis & provide suggestion on identifying Service Level Indicators & Service Level Objectives.
- Responsible for facilitating effectively the Blameless Incident Retrospectives (BIR).
- Able to demonstrate authority in the BIR calls while with coordinating with other stakeholders & solve the discrepancy in blameless ways.
- Responsible for efficient allocation of time & resources given parallel major incidents and problem activities
- Point of contact for assigned incidents of higher severity (from incident retrospective calls all the way up to Management Report (MR) documentation and publishing
- Manage the updates of systems such as problem management module, internal sharepoint, etc
- Proposes & participates on the enhancement activities related to SRE
- Collaborates with Engineering Teams within EASRE and with LOBs on enabling activities as part of the preventive measures
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- In depth understanding of Public/Private/Bybrid cloud solutions.
- Hands on experience with popular CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Bitbucket etc.
- Good exposure to logging & monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, ELF/ELK
- Good understanding of cloud native technologies like Containers, Kubernetes etc.
- Develop & enhance production monitoring & management capabilities leveraging existing platforms & tools.
- Minimum 5 years of root cause analysis (RCA) exposure & involvement leading discussions as a problem manager or incident commander
- In depth understanding of Incident & Problem Management functions & activities
- Good understanding of Identity and access management
- Software incident & problem management
- Work with stakeholders & command centre in trouble shooting, escalating & solutioning critical site incidents.
- Identify recurring system/ application issues & work with cloud team, infra teams, product development, vendors & other stakeholders in investigating & resolving cause
- Maintain accurate documentation of incidents including impact details, timelines, steps taken for mitigation/resolution.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills particularly effective documentation skills
- Degree with Min 6+ yrs of software development or technical support or operations experience.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Exposure to Enterprise databases e.g Oracle, SQL server, Maria DB, MongoDB & Sybase.
- Knowledge in systems & multi-tier application & network troubleshooting
- Experience with load balancing principles.
- Essential knowledge & awareness of Public/Private/Hybrid cloud solutions.
- Good exposure to logging & monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana, ELG/ELK