Senior Associate, SDLC Quality Assurance Manager, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Purpose Act as the independent Software Quality Assurance Manager for selected critical Applications/ Projects to ensure quality objectives are achieved in all the phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) through planning, quality reviews, mentoring, coaching and building a sustainable partnership with Project stakeholders. Responsibilities
Quality Assurance Planning
- Ensure SDLC process is managed and areas of control improvements/ enhancements are identified and implemented
- Ensure gaps to key SDLC Controls detected during Quality Review are tracked to closure, with timely escalation where required
- Ensure SDLC changes are planned and implemented in a regular cadence, with feedback loop for continual improvement
- Identify areas of improvement in SDLC Governance to enable increased coverage, especially with focus on automation in the areas of quality checkpoint, and data collection
- During project initiation, work with the Project Manager to establish the project quality goals and objectives
- Continuously perform Project Quality risk assessment, by evaluating the project's scope, schedule and adequacy of delivery resources
- Plan key quality assurance milestones and activities such as work product reviews, assessments and retrospect (verification and validation)
- Define clear entry/exit and acceptance quality criteria to objectively evaluate the quality of work products
Coaching and Advisory
- From a quality perspective, perform work product reviews according to the planned verification and validation activities
- Facilitate the quality review process, by organizing review sessions, consolidating feedback and following up on action points
- Promote continuous improvement by making recommendations through regular reporting to the Project Manager and relevant Stakeholders
Enterprise wide Initiatives
- Train Application/ Project Team, including Suppliers, on (secure) SDLC processes, provide 1-1 coaching where required
- Provide coaching on Secure SDLC (Secure by Design), Continuous Delivery and Agile practices
- Ensure alignment of software development practices with regulatory/audit requirements, enterprise policies and controls.
- Be a Trusted Advisor to Application/ Project Teams in Software Quality
- Support the adoption of initiatives that would include (but not limited to):
- Launch Control / Data driven SQA
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CICD)
- BDD Testing
- Regulatory & Technology risk
- Based on practical experiences with Application/ Project Teams, pro-actively provide feedback to EASRE Practice Area Leads for continual improvement of EASRE-led initiatives
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
- Degree holder in relevant field
- 12+ years of software experience with an IT company, preferably Banking domain
- Experienced in defining and driving software quality processes within SDLC framework and exposure in CI/CD / Cloud Apps / APIs / Microservices development environment
- Experienced in Software Quality Assessment / Software Security Audit against requirements of financial regulatory bodies such as MAS, RBI, HKMA etc.
- Experienced working with Agile methodologies, using frameworks such as SCRUM and agile tools, with a track record of delivery in sprints.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact with various stakeholders with excellent communications and interaction skills, including presentation
- Preferably with Software Security and Agile Project Management experience, such as CISSP, CSSLP, CSM.
- Meticulous and delivers good quality work
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, skilled in developing collaborative relationships.