1. Process trade confirmation via verbal and electronic (eg Markitwire, DTCC) means for derivations transactions .
2. Process trades settlement.
3. Perform reconciliation of positions and cash. Follow up on discrepancies
4. Perform asset servicing such as periodic coupon payments and corporate actions.
5. Monitor collateral margin for clients and take appropriate actions on the movement of collaterals
6. Process purchase/sale of loans/ bank debts/trade claims and related ongoing administrations including loan interests collection, monitoring of amortizations and collaterals etc.
7. Process cash transfers and payments of invoices for funds
8. Liaise with clients, custodian banks, prime brokers and accounting to resolve any problems and provide assistance where necessary.
9. Achieve good understanding of the internal control environment and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, in particular the Global Operations Standards.
10. Undertake special projects as requested.
11. Provide coverage for other team members.
•University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
• 2-4 years of relevant experience in the financial industry
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
• Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks
• Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
• Audit/Control Minded
• Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
• Experience with hedge fund preferred