Senior Associate, Infrastructure Developer, Technology Services, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Programming Language - Ruby/ PERL/Python (preferably Ruby)
- Operating System - RHEL, Solaris, AIX and Windows
- Databases (Oracle/MariaDB)
- API (SOAP XML /RESTful JSON)
- Tools (JIRA, Puppet)
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- 3-5 years of experience in object-oriented development
- Solid Ruby/Python/PERL development skills with strengths in object-orientation, modularization and pattern-based development
- Experience in Puppet development is very much desirable
- Have a deep and extensive working knowledge on database access (CRUD) through DBI/UNIX ODBC utilities. Ability to manage various kind of relational database including but not limited to Oracle, MariaDB, MySQL and MSSQL
- Solid shell scripting in UNIX
- Ability to build and install 3 rd party software modules
- Good working knowledge on protocols for integration including SSH, HTTPS, SSL and SOAP.
- Good working knowledge on Software Development Lifecycle and has experience using tools such as GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, etc
- Knowledge on Agile methodology
- Experience on Solaris, Linux and AIX OS operations
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic & analytical skills.
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.