Senior Associate Director, International Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
Drive and implement strategies
Performance Measurement & Tracking
- Accelerate client acquisition and penetration in target segments
- Develop targeting strategies by Segment and geographic presence such as consideration and pull-based sourcing.
- Inculcate a robust and deep-rooted service culture
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of client journeys and scripts.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure achievement of Segment-wise targets. Conduct root cause analysis and de-bottleneck issues as required.
Ensure compliance and familiarity to standards
- Responsible for defining strategy for conversion of leads provided by Segment.
- Work closely with Digital channels on fulfillment of Online acquisition and ongoing usage
- Work closely with Segment, Product and Performance Management Teams to ensure overall performance standards and KPIs are met
- Ensure high level of FLC and upkeeping the service standards in our touchpoints
- Ensure deliverables in budget/ scorecards are met
- Ensure contactability ratio of RM to clients
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct
- Timely completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training, including e-learning by the set deadlines
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training and related compliance acknowledgements by each member of your team by the set deadlines
- Demonstration of adherence to the Group Management Responsibilities policy and fair accountability principles
- Prompt and decisive action when any risk and compliance weaknesses become apparent, addressing them in an appropriate timeframe, escalating where necessary, having carefully understood what happened and why
- Develop, rollout, maintain and where applicable, recommend procedures and controls that meet / strengthen the requirements of Group and local policies and standards.
- Ensure the teams are 100% compliant with rules and regulations, and ascertain adherence to operational risk controls and procedures in day-to-day management
- To be measured against the overall ORF standards of CR, and be accountable for adherence to Risk Assurance Framework laid down at group and country level.
- To ensure good ratings in internal / external audits, governance, compliance and GIA reviews
- Work with Country Learning and Talent Development/curriculum architects to set training standards at Country Level including those relating to compliance.
- Work collaboratively with Financial Crime Compliance, AML, L&C on Client Due Diligence and KYC processes.
- Provide input to governance and operational risk to define measures and controls for prevention of mis-selling, mis-representation, fraud and for adherence to Treating Clients Fairly principles.
- Ensure timely completion of CPD hours
- Embed strong 1st line credit and conduct mindset and capabilities
- Strengthen staff awareness/knowledge of cyber risk via training of "good" practices and lessons from market incidents
- Maintain MIS accuracy and discipline, and ensure adequate control on payment of incentive to sales channels, vendors and agencies
- Ensure effective resources allocation, capacity and cost management linked to participation model and related product / segment strategy and focus
- Periodic review with stakeholders on the sales channel's deliverables and effectiveness
- Deliver against budget/ forecast and ensure business delivery is done with good conduct
- Coach, equip, empower and energize both the frontline and support staff to deliver the best result
- Implement effective HR standards and strategies, manage succession plan, retain key talent, constant discipline in performance management.
- Engage Training to address training needs, implement training roadmaps
- Ensure sales channel's discipline in HR & training related matters
- Be an effective agent of change and role model for talented staff throughout the bank
- Establish effective FTE management and hiring to ensure seamless delivery of client experience at branches and hubs
- Agreed sales targets for individual team(s) and region
- Agreed service standards to customers
- Operation control and sales compliance
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.