Senior Associate Corporate Actions Analyst (Japanese speaking preferred)
The IHS Markit Managed Corporate Actions (MCA) service is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements. Managed Corporate Actions provides a centralized source of validated corporate action data for nearly three million equities, fixed income and structured securities, across more than 170 countries and territories. As financial firms face a deluge of raw information on corporate actions, the risks and costs associated with acquiring and managing this data is higher than ever. An investment decision based on poor data quality, in terms of both accuracy and timeliness, can have enormous ramifications, with potential exposure running into the millions of dollars. Position Summary
The Corporate Actions Data Operations team is responsible for corporate actions validation operations, customer support and new client on-boarding, vendor management, quality control, and strategic support for new product initiatives. The Corporate Actions validation Data Operations team monitors domestic and international corporate actions announcements from the point of notice of inception and conducts a stringent cleansing process.
The Corporate Actions analysts are responsible for using discretion and subject matter expertise to ensure that the state of each composite record clearly and accurately defines the terms of the corporate action in order for clients to correctly pass notification on to their clients to conduct investment decisions and to correctly allocate entitlements resulting from the corporate action. The successful candidate is expected to be highly intellectual, research focused and attentive to detail in order to be able to leverage his or her knowledge of local market practices and event specifics to gather findings and make decisions that could potentially have a significant monetary impact on downstream clients. Duties & Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Lead local Corporate Actions analyst team responsible for reviewing corporate action announcements and conducting research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of composite records to customers
- Take an active role in creating, managing and continuous improvement of workflow, operating procedure and process for corporate action announcement.
- Create training plan for team members and lead execution of training and coaching to team members in daily work
- Monitor work queues and dashboard against staff workload throughout the day to ensure that all work is addressed and completed to meet end of day SLAs
- Responsible for quality control of client-facing data produced by local team
- Review corporate action announcements and conduct research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of composite records to clients
- Conduct research leveraging various sources, including prospectuses, information circulars, exchanges and bulletins, internet search engines and websites in conjunction with individual comprehension to successfully validate corporate action information
- Interface with Domestic and Foreign Paying/Transfer/Information Agents, Vendors, Custodians, Banks, Exchange Officials, to obtain corporate action specifics
- Review and validate event notification received from agents against issuer golden copy
- Reconcile with issuer golden copy by directly liaising with custodians/agents
- Validate information for the clients as per the SWIFT messages received from the agents and ensuring notification is sent with all key dates, details, options deadlines and the options available for elections.
- Liaising with MO, agent banks, cash management and the counterparty to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Escalate unresolved discrepancies to clients and escalation managers
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions to ensure accurate outcome for clients to avoid risk of significant monetary penalties
- Contribute input to develop/modify procedures and controls
- Collaborate with local and global teams to improve procedures and identify and implement opportunities to realize efficiencies and improve quality for a better downstream product
- Conduct user acceptance testing and special projects in partnership with teammates in other locations and with local technology counterparts
- Respond to daily customer inquiries over email and the phone, citing specific research, providing guidance around interpretation, explaining judgment calls, and delivering system training
- Understand Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their impact on revenue and operations
- Support projects and design and implement processes that lead to strategic change
- Ensure integrity of security reference data from clients and vendors, and corporate actions data sourced from vendors
- Graduate degree/ Postgraduate or equivalent, preferably in Finance, Economics or Business
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in corporate action, reference data or asset services
- Japanese language proficient will be a plus
- Must be a subject matter expert in security reference data and corporate actions across global market.
- Expert knowledge of ISO/Swift feeds required
- Advanced in Excel and SQL
- Experience in managing teams and collaborating across multiple functions and locations
- Experience leading projects with senior stakeholders across functions and regions
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills for interactions with prospects, existing clients, vendors and internal stakeholders across IHS Markit's business units and global locations
- In-depth knowledge of securities industry, equities and fixed income reference data and corporate actions
- In-depth awareness of corporate actions marketplace including competitive landscape, financial regulations, data suppliers, global exchanges, and target clients' lines of business
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.